Dr. John in Da House

Warflower

I just got home from work and lookit what I found on the doorstep...yeah!

The Dr.'s answer's to our questions are on audio, so I have to type them up...so they will follow shortly! I'm giddy.... :D

He addressed this pic to me and my husband...sorry guys. I'm sure Oki (his assistant) asked him to ...

post-452-1148536989_thumb.jpg

Edited by Warflower

Hey Dude...you are the cool Dude...for sure but this guy REEKS of cool...too. ;)

The dude ain't no Dr. John :(

Here is "Making Whoopee" - Dr. John and Ricki Lee Jones :)

Play me

how about an interview Warflower?

That's what she has to transcribe - and exclusive Warflower interview from the the man for Beatking :)

That's Warflower, you Dud.......you need a 20,000 post eye exam..... :lol:

Ain't the eyes--ain't an eye-hand coordination--im too eager getting off that post, to put up another :lol:

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took so long guys...Dr. John was on tour and Oki couldn't get it to me fast enough. Anyway...they're short answers. :rolleyes:

Q: Are the recording studios in New Orleans OK, or did they get major Katrina damage?

A: Piety Street is open and running, most others are not.

Q: Do you think New Orleans will be able to recapture the ethnic and racial flaor it was so famous for, in spite of the Bush administration turning it's back on the city's inhabitants?

A: The people of South Lousisiana have strong roots that nobody gonna change. Yeah, Bush turned his back and the crumbs he's throwing is way too late.

Q: IT seems that money from the goverment is basicaly going to big business. Has the HUrricane devastation impacted your creative processes, much like Bruce Springsteen experienced with 9/11?

A: I'm angry.

Q: Would you feel comfortable singing about it, or do you think emphasizing the musical heritage of New Orleans would better serve the rebuilding of the New Orleans culture?

A: We put out an album ("Sippiana Hericane") after the storn. "N'Awlinz Dis Dat and D'Udda" and the "Voice of the Wetlands" were made prior to the storms.

Q: Do you believe that rebuilding of New Orleans will result in the Disney-ification of the culture in music that is New Orleans?

A: Politicians could do that but the people have a different natural heritage that will always come through.

Q: Will the culture buillt on good times in the face of hard luck incorporate the horros of Katrina into a new renaissance of blues/zydeco music?

A: We're survirors, our music will survive and evolve.

No answer to the last question.

The "Voice of the Wetlands" album is an album of various artists including Dr. John. check out www.voiceof thewetlands.com for more info.

That's it guys...I expected more to be honest. :mellow:

Edited by Warflower

great job Warflower!

Q: IT seems that money from the goverment is basicaly going to big business. Has the HUrricane devastation impacted your creative processes, much like Bruce Springsteen experienced with 9/11?

A: I'm angry.

??