Dear President Bush:

AnalogKid

I'm planning a little trip with my immediate and extended family, and I would like your assistance. I'm going to cross the U.S. border into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So if it's not too much trouble, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my children to be taught by English speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my children to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan on feeding my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do not plan to carry any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from President Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and without the troublesome enforcement of any labor or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me or the strain I might place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all of these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that President Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with Vice President Cheney.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Sincerely,

(insert your name here)

But then there's the other side of the story. Immigrants have built this country - it's a true melting pot. The Latin culture has been the backbone of our agricultural economy, the garment industry - and in many instances were paid substandard wages performing those jobs. Clearly we need to have a better immigration policy, which includes a reevaluation of the benefits for non-citizens..it seems to me that the benefits for workers should come from the employers

post-9-1146599765.jpg

Who is going to mow my lawn? who's going to work for a low hourly wage ? who's gonna do the jobs other folks turn their head up too?? Not I, I am a American, I am beyond that