Howard Prepares For Sirius Radio

Goodbye, FCC fines—and millions of listeners? As he heads to satellite radio, a re-energized Howard Stern is talking about a revolution.

Dec. 12, 2005 issue - Today we're taking a tour of Mr. Stern's neighborhood, led by your host, Howard Stern. We start in the 36th-floor lobby of Sirius, the satellite-radio company that is reportedly paying Stern $500 million to bring his bawdy talk show to its airwaves next month. Even without knowing Stern's paycheck, you can tell that Sirius has major money. There are 42 studios lining the hallways, some with drop-dead views of New York and all fronted by gleaming glass. We walk by each one—the country-and-Western channel, the sports channel—and without fail the hosts all smile and wave at the very tall man in tinted glasses and a red hoodie. "This is an amazing place," says Stern, his curly hair still damp from a run in the park. "I've never been in such an exciting environment." This is a genuine, if double-edged, remark, because what Stern is also thinking is, fresh meat. Even though he's forbidden to appear on Sirius's air until Jan. 9, Stern has already started skulking around. Last week he disrupted the gay channel's chat with Tony Orlando and started dancing with him, while poor Dawn could only sing in the background. Stern seems almost giddy: "This is heaven."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10312484/site/newsweek/

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

I HAVE Sirius available in the car, but I haven't paid a subscription to it, so I've never actually used it except for on Dish Network. I listen to those Sirius channels on Dish Network whenever I have a chance and I like it, but I can't afford to pay for that in my car right now :-P lol I don't necessarily enjoy listening to Stern either, so that's not a selling point for me. I do like the Wax 42, Shade 45, and plenty of other channels though and if I had the money, you bet I'd have a subscription.