Rod's a sidewalk star

rodstewart.jpgRod Stewart was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in front of a crowd of screaming fans.

"I have never had such a nervous day in my life," said the tanned and svelte Stewart, 60, who is facing fatherhood anew.

Flanked by his pregnant fiancee, Penny Lancaster, Stewart danced a jig atop his sidewalk star on Hollywood Boulevard.

"I haven't prepared a speech. I'm here to wing it like I have my entire life," said the rock star-turned-classic pop crooner.

Stewart was praised by friend Larry King, who addressed the gathering.

"He's one of my favourite guests. He's one of my favourite people," the CNN host said.

Over his 40-year musical career, Stewart has churned out multiple raspy-voiced rock hits, including Forever Young, Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? and fan favourite Maggie May.

Born in London, he initially pursued a career as a professional soccer player and also worked as a gravedigger.

In the early '60s, Stewart joined folk singer Wizz Jones before gaining popularity with the Jeff Beck Group and its first album Truth in 1968.

He fronted the British rock band the Faces in the '70s and went solo in 1976.

After his rock career waned, Stewart rebounded three years ago with a surprising collection of '30s and '40s pop standards - a platinum-selling success.

His 2004 album Stardust ... The Great American Songbook Volume III won him his only Grammy.

Stewart releases his fourth in the series, Thanks for the Memory ... Great American Songbook IV, this month.

But the father of six - linked over the years with various blonde beauties, including Rachel Hunter - recently said he would take some time off.

"I'm going to be a dad again," he told the crowd.

source:AP

Rod The Mod.. saw him when he was with Jeff Beck, i saw him with The Faces. and saw him twice when he went solo, a great performer, fantastic in concert

Edited by MrBag

Rod The Mod.. saw him when he was with Jeff Beck, i saw him with The Faces. and saw him twice when he went solo, a great performer, fantastic in concert

i saw rod stewart with the faces in 1973...a great concert....a great rock voice.....i`m not not that keen on his crooning phase..but, hey..he is 60...... :)

fav faces track..." around the plynth ".......ripping slide guitar from a young ronnie wood....

Faces Around The Plynth (Rod Stewart, Ron Wood)

Woken up on mornings such as this

Thought exactly the same as I'm thinking now.

Every night for a year I've slept alone.

Cold damp room looks worse than me, no no no

Got a fear of death that creeps on every night.

I know I won't die soon, but then again I might,

Water down the drain, I'm wasting away.

Doctors can't help the ghost of a man that's me

Water down the drain goes to the sea,

The pattern of my life keeps a-haunting me.

Moisture from the ocean fills the sky,

Come on down to the ground as the time goes by

I never found out the reason why

My parents had to lie

About the place that I was born

Or from my hometown I was torn

At the tender age of four

I was livin' by homemade law.......

post-92-1129150282.jpg