What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Tiesto - Feel It In My Bones (feat. Tegan & Sara)

DJ extraordinaire Tiesto has a fourth album in the works - Kaleidoscope. And it features Jónsi of Sigur Rós, Kele of Bloc Party, Nelly Furtado, Calvin Harris, Emily Haines, and Tegan and Sara on various vocal chores. A world tour is in the works. You can read a review and sample the cut at either at Stereogum or Pretty Much Amazing

Hockey 'Learn To Lose' (Filthy Dukes remix)

Filthy Dukes are an electronic trio from the UK who have been described as the new Chemical Brothers. You can download this song @ Soundcloud

Hockey 'Learn To Lose' (Filthy Dukes remix) by Stayloose

Hockey is a progressive dance band from Portland via LA. Their debut album, Mind Chaos, has just been released. You can check out more of their work over at Rcrd Lbl

They appeared on KCRWs Morning Becomes Eclectic yesterday

The Big Pink - Dominos

The Big Pink are an alternative band from the UK. This cut is from their forthcoming album A Brief History Of Love, which is due out in mid-September - you can pre-order at iTunes. Visit the band's website and download the tune HERE

Steely Dan - Babylon Sisters (Live in NY)

Steely Dan is an American jazz-rock band led by Walter Becker and Donald Fagen. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001. This cut appears on their 1980 album, Gaucho.

The Knife - Heartbeats

The Knife are a musical duo from Sweden comprised of siblings Karin Dreijer Andersson and Olof Dreijer. This song was released as a single in 2004.

E6E6E6
101010-xsfBJrFqk

Heartbeats - The Knife

By coincidence I noticed that this song is on Pitchfork's Top 20 Songs of the 2000s list. I like lists because they remind me of stuff I might have missed - but I think we all have our our order of what our top 20 songs are... Whatever - So This Is What Your Volume Knob Is For has put together a nice review of Pitchfork's selections, and you should check it out B)

Pitchforks Top-20 songs of the 2000s

20. The Rat - The Walkmen

19. Ignition - R. Kelly

18. Blind - Hercules & Love Affair ft. Antony

17. Heartbeats - Annie

16. House of Jealous Lovers - The Rapture

15. Heartbeats - The Knife

14. 99 Problems - Jay-z

13. Losing My Edge - LCD Soundsystem

12. Hey Ya! - Outkast

11. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley

10. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) - Arcade Fire

9. My Girls - Animal Collective

8. Idioteque - - Radiohead

7. Get Ur Freak On - Missy Elliot

6. Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

5. One More Time - Daft Punk

4. Crazy in Love - Beyonce

3. Paper Planes - M.I.A.

2. All My Friends - LCD Soundsystem

1. B.O.B. - Outkast

Lanterna - Greek Islands (2002)

Lanterna is a musical project of guitarist Henry Frayne. This cut is from his album, Sands, which was released by Badman Records.

Sands

Jose Gonzalez - Low/Heartbeats

José González is a Swedish indie guitarist and songwriter.

Low (Live)

Here is his cover of The Knife's Heartbeats

We Were Promised Jetpacks - Quiet Little Voices

We Were Promised Jetpacks is an indie rock band based in Glasgow. I discovered them today over at MinneapolisFuckingRocks (Yes, they do) with a few other samplings B)

This cut was released as a single and appears on the album, These Four Walls (2009), which was released in June from Fat Cat Records.

Idle Dance - Sunshine Summertime (Electronic Pop/2009)

London's Alex Parsons (aka Agent Toga) & Sandy Nuttgens (a former Perfecto based Skipraider) are the creators - they are best known for their house and techno work. You can pick up the tune @ Bright Pink Music, iTunes or Amazon.

Riva Starr - I was drunk (feat.noze) & Black cat White cat

Riva Starr is a producer in the UK. This cut is from the album, If Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade - I guess you could call it Balkan music.

You can also check out the tune at Soundcloud

RIVA STARR- I WAS DRUNK(feat.NOZE) & BLACK CAT, WHITE CAT (112Kbps) by Rivastarr

Mike Posner & The Brain Trust - Drug Dealer Girl

Mike Posner is a 21 year old singer/songwriter/producer and a student at Duke. He has been making beats since he was 13 years old, and is best known for having produced some of Big Sean's hit tracks at Island/Def jam. He was mentioned in today's NY Time's article about the new Sony Publishing CEO, Marty Bandier.

This song appears on his "Matter of Time" mixtape, which was released in March.

The Beatles - Don't Let Me Down (1969)

This song was the b side to Get Back. It was played at their last concert ... which reminds me, HERE lies the Beatle's last photo session.

Tangerine Dream - Love on a Real Train (1983)

Tangerine Dream is a German electronic music group founded in 1967 by Edgar Froese. This song was featured prominently in Paul Brickman's movie, Risky Business.

Shuta Hasunama - Power Osci (2009)

Shuta Hasunuma is an electronic pop artist from Tokyo. This cut appears on his latest album, Pop Ooga Plus. You can listen to this cut and get the vinyl version over at Western Vinyl.

post-9-1251173973_thumb.jpg

Aeroplane - Caramellas (Fred Deacon remix)

Aeroplane is a Belgium electronic pop duo consisting of of Stephen Fasano and Vito De Luca.

Nu Balearica Mixed By Fred Deakin (Ministry of Sound / 2008)

You can alternatively check out the tune as well as Motel de Moka's excellent "It’s been for a while and a recent go" eclectic mix of electronic and pop music right HERE

The Golden Filter - Solid Gold

Solid Gold (Dummy / 2009)

Luomo - Love You All

Love You All (Huume / 2008)

Sebastien Tellier - Kilometer (Aeroplane Mix)

Disco Balearica (Mixmag / 2009)

Kleerup - Longing For Lullabies (Joakim Remix)

Longing For Lullabies (Postiva / 2009)

The Whitest Boy Alive - Inflantion

Kitsuné Midnight ( Kitsuné / 2004)

Aeroplane - Caramellas

Nu Balearica Mixed By Fred Deakin (Ministry of Sound / 2008)

David E. Sugar - Although You May Laugh

Kitsuné Maison Compilation 6 (Kitsuné / 2008)

Yuno - California (Phonique Remix)

California Ep (Thorn01 / 2007

The Mountain People - Mountain 006.3

The Mountain People are a downtempo/house band from Switzerland. Not sure where you find this - the band did leave this message over at MySpace: "no demos please, no promo messages either...please dont waste your and our time and go for a walk..." :lol:

Don Diablo

Don Diablo is an electronic artist from the Amsterdam; he describes himself as GhettoTech :lol:

I Am Not From France (Louis La Roche Remix)

Louis LaRouche is a disco/house producer from the UK. This song is on El.bows 'Hot Track' list today. Alternatively, you can find it over at the KidCityBlog, and a very fine blog it is B)

Remember The Time (Don Diablo remix)

I think I posted this a couple weeks ago. Fyi, Michael Jackson's death was ruled a homicide today by LAs Coroner, according to the LA Times :sad:

Tiga - Gentle Giant (2009)

Tiga is an electronic pop artist from Montreal. You can find this cut on his latest album, Ciao, via Last Gang records.

You can also check out his remix for Beep Beep Beep over at Rcrd Lbl

post-9-1251184843_thumb.jpg

Them Crooked Vultures - Teaser

John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin-Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age an-Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters

The Raindrops - The Complete Raindrops

1994 compilation.

The Raindrops were actually Jeff Barry and Ellie Greenwich with her vocals overdubbed. The third member frequently seen in the photos is Ellie's sister, Laura, who didn't sing with the group. She is pictured just to make it look like a trio instead of an overdubbed duo. Ellie is the blonde in the center of the pic. She died today.

post-269-1251329738_thumb.jpg

post-269-1251329881_thumb.jpg