This kid stole the wrong laptop

Shawn

This is the last 3 minutes of a prof's lecture. It was taken [not by me] from a tape of the entire lecture and widdled down for your listening pleasure.

I don't even know which school anymore.

To_Catch_a_Thief.mp3

He's bluffing.

I agree, the Professor is bluffing - he has no idea who has his computer, and he's desperate... because the loser he is forgot to backup the info

Its a bluff. No one would be stupid enough put that expensive of a dataset on laptop. That's what secure servers are for. If this guy was that stupid, he ass is toast as much or even more than the thief.

Some of the CDC data we work with are not even allowed on office computers, CDRs or memory sticks. You can only work with it by linking to the server. The files won't save to any other device.

Its a bluff. No one would be stupid enough put that expensive of a dataset on laptop. That's what secure servers are for. If this guy was that stupid, he ass is toast as much or even more than the thief.

Some of the CDC data we work with are not even allowed on office computers, CDRs or memory sticks. You can only work with it by linking to the server. The files won't save to any other device.

http://www.imagemagician.org/images/wolfie/fotrgrappig9.jpg

heheh :scratchin: :strumma: :P

In fact a University spokesman told ABC that Rine had indeed made the whole thing up to scare the student into handing over the laptop. The story has for some reason now been pulled from the ABC site, but can be found here. There might be a bit of a clue as to the way Rine operates in an article here, in which he says: "Although I have unlimited respect for facts, and delight in their discovery and appreciation, I have come to the obvious yet almost blasphemous view that, with respect to teaching, the facts just aren't that important."

Despite all the exaggeration, and threats, the thief has ignored Rine and has kept his laptop. Still it was worth a crack.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22762