Here Comes 2.0!

Shawn

Source

This version 2.0 isn't a software upgrade -- it belongs to Jon Blake Cusack 2.0, who was born at Holland Community Hospital.

Jon Blake Cusack, the boy's father and a self-described engineering geek, said he had the idea for the name for a few months. He spent the better part of that time convincing his wife, Jamie, to include 2.0 in their child's legal name.

"I wanted to find something different to name him besides Jon Blake," Cusack, who is self-employed with Westshore Design and Cusack Music, told The Holland Sentinel. Tacking on Jr. or II, the Holland man says, is too common.

At first, Jamie, who works with her husband, wasn't keen on the idea of having 2.0 added to the end of her newborn's name. But she finally conceded last week. The Cusack' boy was born on Tuesday.

"We watched a movie called 'The Legend of 1900' and there was a baby in the movie who was abandoned by his mother on a ship," Jamie Cusack said. "Those who found him called him 1900 because of the year.

"I thought that if they could do it, why couldn't we? Besides, I had picked out the theme of the baby's room and done other things. I decided to let Jon have this."

When their son was born, Jon Cusack sent out an e-mail and wrote it as if he and his wife had created new software. The couple brought the boy, who was born weighing more than 9 pounds, home from the hospital on Friday.

"I wrote in the birth announcement e-mail stuff, like there's a lot of features from version 1.0 with additional features from Jamie," Jon Cusack said.

Jamie Cusack has taken to the 2.0 and is looking at future possibilities the name could have for her son. Jon Cusack designs circuit boards and he initials them JBC. If her son decides to enter that business, he could initial the circuits JBC 2.0.

And then there's always the prospect that their son could have a son.

"If he has child, he could name him 3.0," Jon Cusack said.

I recall that Frank Zappa named a son Ajax or something like that..after a household product. And of course, the BK Forum favorite target, Michael Jackson, calls one of "his" children Blanket.

The only 2 kids I've heard of are moonunit and dweezil.