Gone!

method77

I feel like shit right now...

I haven't seen my dog for hours. I usually let him run around free for a couple of hours in the afternoon (I don't live in a big city so it's ok) and he usually runs around the house chasing things. We've doing this thing for the last 2 years. Today, I left him and went into the house and when I came out he was gone. I haven't seen him since...

It's been 10 hours

He'll probably wander up later method...sometimes dogs just get a wild hair and want to look around. I understand your feelings though....our Jack Russell Terrier, named Elvis, is like a child to us here too. I hope you hear scratching on the door soon.

Have you called the police or animal protection group in your area?

we searched the whole town and I called a friend who is a policeman. He said they'd look around in case he got hit by a car or something.

Some people put traps around their farms and gardens to keep away the foxes and protect their chichen and ducks and shit. They get arrested for doing that but they still do it. Dumb old farmers don't care about it. I hope it's not that.

I've got my fingers crossed for you. Your situation made me give Elvis some extra attention a few minutes ago when I let him out into the snow for a leak. I didn't bother to close the back yard gate because of the snow, so if he saw a cat......

Hopefully that's a positive then. I once had a beloved dog which had the bad habit of chewing wiring under the house....they couldn't break the dog of that habit, so one day while I was at school my grandfather took the rascal about 15 miles away and let him out in a wooded area. I came home from school and was told that the dog had run away from home, and I was heartbroken. But a few days later, lo and behold, Sparky showed up bedraggled and muddy in the front yard. My grandfather told me years later why the dog disappeared and said that my love must have drawn him back home.....so there's always hope.

My cat does this every several months--sometimes he's gone for a day or so. Then he shows up as if nothing's happened. I feel confident your dog will return...