The Pope Is Dead...

Starfire

eBay sellers offer Pope memorabilia.....

People appear to be cashing in on the death of Pope John Paul II by selling memorabilia over the Internet.

Just hours after the death of the Pontiff was announced by the Vatican, there were nearly 140 items for sale on eBay with a connection to John Paul.

read on.......

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_technology_sto...2%3fformat=html

post-86-1113042621.jpg

Looks like Arianna agrees with Ken:

Whitewashing the pope

The media's obsessive coverage of the pope's death does not include a discussion of the tragic failures of his reign.

By Arianna Huffington

April 14, 2005  |  Paint the last month black. It's been an orgy of mourning, a cornucopia of death. We've had Terri Schiavo, Pope John Paul II, Prince Rainier, and Charles and Camilla's wedding -- which felt as grim as any funeral. All brought to us in no-longer-living color. If nothing else, the media have outed themselves as the ultimate necrophiliacs. I expect CNN and Forest Lawn to announce a sponsorship agreement any day now.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/huffington/20...pope/index.html

I just started reading Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons". It's kinda of wierd with the pope dying and vatican election going on right now over there.

I definately recommend it.

What's the premise of the book?

Basically it about the Illuminati coming back with a vengence on the Vatican at eve of the secret enclave to select a new pope with an anti-matter device (I thought that part was a bit too much). The main character is Robert Langdon as in the Da Vinci Code. Its written as a prequel to the Da Vinci Code.

Ever read Holy Blood, Holy Grail?

I saw it in the bookstore yesterday, but I have not read it.

Along the same subject matter (church historical thrillers) another two of my favorates are "The Assassini" and "The Brotherhood of the Tomb".

Cardinals Allign as Time Nears to Select Pope

Rome, April 16 - There was never doubt that Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the Vatican's hard-line defender of the faith, would have a strong hand in selecting the next pope. But in the days of prayer and politics before the conclave, which begins on Monday, he has emerged as perhaps the surprise central figure: the man who could become the 265th pope, choose him or be the one other cardinals knock from the running.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/17/internat...5&partner=MYWAY

Notice the name :lol: This looks like a job for Wolfie...

post-86-1113680421.jpg