The Rolling Stones To Open New Wembley Stadium

rollingstones.jpegVeteran British rockers THE ROLLING STONES will be the first entertainers to play London's new $1,425 million ($750 million) Wembley Stadium.

The GIMME SHELTER band will make history when they open the new venue by playing three nights in June 2006 as part of their final world tour.

The Stones - SIR MICK JAGGER, KEITH RICHARDS, RONNIE WOOD and CHARLIE WATTS - plan to kick off their farewell road-trip with the historic Wembley Stadium dates.

A stadium source says, "Wembley are absolutely chuffed to have landed the Stones as the opening act for the new venue.

"They are the most famous band in the world, so it makes perfect sense for them to re-launch the world's most famous stadium."

The Stones played the former Wembley Stadium, which was demolished in 2002 to make way for the new construction, on numerous occasions.

Source: ContactMusic.com

i never thought i'd ever say it but big whoop (too bad my dad's not around to hear me; he'd be thanking god and all; he prayed for this for most of my life and the last half of his) :)

i never thought i'd ever say it but big whoop (too bad my dad's not around to hear me; he'd be thanking god and all; he prayed for this for most of my life and the last half of his) :)

For the Rolling Stones to play Wembley Stadium?

ROTFLMAO! nah, for me to be all meh about anything stones-ish. :lol:

edit: thank fuck he's not around to be all rolling his eyes and embarrassed to know he's the dad of like the world's oldest demented groupie (2nd edit) who's just changed management and thank fuck for that: 'VAT are pleased to announce that they now represent ALABAMA 3 who release a new studio album entitled “OUTLAW” on 23rd May. ALABAMA 3 are the most authentic sounding of live acts, despite coming from the deep south of Brixton London and not the USA. The first single from the album “Hello….I’m Johnny Cash” is released in April and is expected to climb onto radio. The band will undertake a UK tour in late May, early June, and then go on to play UK and European festival dates over the summer months. We are also likely to be looking at a part II UK tour in the Autumn.' YAY! :lol: from here.

Congrats, SG. A3 are definitely a hot band and deserve the recognition theyve worked so hard to achieve.

As for the Stones, I've remained a fan - pretty impressive for them to keep going after all these years... And Im glad that finally your dad's life long dream of them playing at Wembley has been fulfilled :lol:

The Stones played the former Wembley Stadium, which was demolished in 2002 to make way for the new construction, on numerous occasions.

They had to demolish the old one and build a new one so that the Stones would have better wheelchair access. It was too difficult for them to climb the stairs. :)

They had to demolish the old one and build a new one so that the Stones would have better wheelchair access. It was too difficult for them to climb the stairs. :)

rumour has it that a huge paramedics team will take up a large amount of the available space at wembley......the rest of the audience at the rolling bones concert will be largely made up of doctors , accountants and undertakers... :bigsmile:

A3 are definitely a hot band and deserve the recognition theyve worked so hard to achieve.

that is, when they're not in rehab or fucking about w/whatever white powders (still happens a lot) :)

i still dig the Stones, just now they're in perspective ('exile on main str,' and most of the albums before that are still on our iTunes daily shuffle here).

redneck, one of my fave Simpsons episodes has Lisa in the future (2010) w/the Stones' Steel Wheelchair Tour poster on the wall. :lol:

that is, when they're not in rehab or fucking about w/whatever white powders (still happens a lot) :)

i still dig the Stones, just now they're in perspective ('exile on main str,' and most of the albums before that are still on our iTunes daily shuffle here).

redneck, one of my fave Simpsons episodes has Lisa in the future (2010) w/the Stones' Steel Wheelchair Tour poster on the wall. :lol:

" exile on main street " is one of their best..i think that and " let it bleed " are my two stones favourites........ :)

" exile on main street " is one of their best..i think that and " let it bleed " are my two stones favourites........ :)

i like let it bleed and beggars banquet...

i (still) love all the above 3 and 'sticky fingers' :)

They have some funny shit in the background on the Simpsons sometimes. :lol:

In one episode, Homer is going down the highway back and forth from home several times. There is a billboard along the way that says something like, "Welcome to so and so trailer park" and below that it says, "last tornado: 5 days". Then he goes by again and it says 8 days. The next time it says 3 days. The next time it says 15 days. Then 6 days. By the end of the episode the trailer park has been hit with several tornados. :lol: