Depeche Mode's Martin Gore Announces Solo Album MG, Shares "Europa Hymn"

Depeche Mode's Martin Gore Announces Solo Album MG, Shares "Europa Hymn"

Depeche Mode co-founder Martin Gore has announced a new self-titled solo album under the name MG. It's a 16-song instrumental LP, and it features the above track, "Europa Hymn". It's out April 28 via Mute.

The album was recorded following Depeche Mode's 2013 tour at Gore's home studio in Santa Barbara, Calif. "I wanted to keep the music very electronic, very filmic, and give it an almost sci-fi like quality," Gore said in a press release. "Music is a necessity for me. I go into the studio at least five days a week, every week, so once I had the idea and the template, the process was quick and fun."

Gore last used the MG moniker as part of the VCMG project with Vince Clarke.

MG:

01 Pinking
02 Swanning
03 Exalt
04 Elk
05 Brink
06 Europa Hymn
07 Creeper
08 Spiral
09 Stealth
10 Hum
11 Islet
12 Crowly
13 Trysting
14 Southerly
15 Featherlight
16 Blade

[url=http://pitchfork.com/news/58678-depeche-modes-martin-gore-announces-solo-album-mg-shares-europa-hymn/]View the full article[/url]

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

• Wait, Burning Man is going online-only? What does that even look like?
      You could have been forgiven for missing the announcement that actual physical Burning Man has been canceled for this year, if not next. Firstly, the nonprofit Burning Man organization, known affectionately to insiders as the Borg, posted it after 5 p.m. PT Friday. That, even in the COVID-19 era, is the traditional time to push out news when you don't want much media attention. 
      But secondly, you may have missed its cancellation because the Borg is being careful not to use the C-word. The announcement was neutrally titled "The Burning Man Multiverse in 2020." Even as it offers refunds to early ticket buyers, considers layoffs and other belt-tightening measures, and can't even commit to a physical event in 2021, the Borg is making lemonade by focusing on an online-only version of Black Rock City this coming August.    Read more...
      More about Burning Man, Tech, Web Culture, and Live EventsView the full article
      • 0 replies
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?