Duran Duran

moodyblue

Anybody remember a band called Duran Duran? They played at the Toyota Center on Feb. 20. They had a decent crowd there, not a sell out. A friend and I went to this show, we were sitting nine rows from the stage....I managed to get some good shots. Cameras were not allowed, but I got mine in hehehehe!!

Duran did five new songs from their new "Astronaut" cd. And of course a few of the old ones. Here is the set list.....

SUNRISE (new)

HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

HOLD BACK THE RAIN

UNION OF THE SNAKE

ASTRONAUT (new)

COME UNDONE

I DON'T WANT YOUR LOVE

CHAINS (new)

WHAT HAPPENS TOMORROW (new)

PLANET EARTH

TIGER TIGER

NIGHTBOAT

ORDINARY WORLD

SAVE A PRAYER

NICE (new)

NOTORIOUS

REFLEX

CARELESS MEMORIES

WILD BOYS

and the encore songs:

WHITE LINES

GIRLS ON FILM

RIO

Everyone was up on their feet dancing, even me, and I don't dance!! Everytime I tried to get a good shot, someone would put their arms up in the air, I really hate that, or the band members would not stand still!! I'll post some of the ones that did come out.

The only song they have I recognize is Hungry like a Wolf, but that was one of the high points of 80's music as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the heads-up, I hadn't realized they even had a new album.

I forgot to tell you about their opening act....they are called Clear Static...and they weren't half bad. Sounded like the Cure, my friend talked to the bass player during the intermission, and he said they were influenced by the Cure and Depeche(?sp) Mode, I didn't hear any DM in them, the Cure yes. They don't have a cd out yet. I didn't take pics of them....

You really did get some good pics. I like the one you said was a little dark. It is very good.

Thanks! That's what I really want to do, concert photography, if I could get into that I would be one happy camper! I have some really good shots of the Moody Blues, David Bowie and a few others that I am proud of....

No... :( sadly I didn't have my digital camera at the time I took those pics....but the next time they come to the Woodlands Pavilion (ain't seen 'em in 5 yrs) I'll have more pics than you can shake a stick at :D