Courtney Love Covers "Take Me to the River" for "Empire"

Courtney Love Covers "Take Me to the River" for "Empire"

Courtney Love appears on the newest episode of "Empire", which airs tomorrow night on Fox. In the episode, she plays a past-her-prime singer looking for a new hit. You can watch one of her scenes over at Entertainment Weekly. Her character sings Al Green's soul classic "Take Me to the River", which you can listen to below, via Spotify.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Love of her character, who was Empire Records' first superstar, "I had to get into the mindset of someone with that kind of sense of entitlement. I wanted to get more into the real diva and a delusional diva because I’m on drugs—not in life at all but as this character. You can’t imagine the research I had to do for that because I know nothing about that!" (The last part was punctuated with a laugh.)

In the interview, she also said that she's "not that interested in doing music right now" and said her long-in-the-works memoir is delayed because she's waiting for her life to complete the narrative. "I would really like a great third act where I walk off with, like, a prize of some sort," she said. "But I’m putting it off because I’m sort of in the midst of doing that third act right now."

Read our interview with Courtney Love here and our examination of "Empire" here.

[url=http://pitchfork.com/news/58422-courtney-love-covers-take-me-to-the-river-for-empire/]View the full article[/url]