'Suge' Knight Arrested After Traffic Stop

sugeknight.jpgRap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight was booked on suspicion of violating his parole after police found marijuana in his truck during a traffic stop, authorities said Sunday.

Knight was arrested about Saturday evening in Barstow and held by sheriff's officials pending his transfer next week to state prison, said sheriff's Cpl. Lorraine Riser.

State officials would then review his case to determine if he should be held or released, Riser said.

Read entire story here.

I don't care if you black, white, blue or green. If a cop stops you in Tx for a traffic violation......then you don't have insurance......they are going to run your license. Then they will know that you are on parole for assault and weapons violations so you can bet that without a doubt they are going to search your vehicle. If they find something.....you will go to jail. I think it is a great plan! He may not be a menace to society for smoking pot but he is a menace riding around without insurance. He is also too stupid to be let loose on the public. He knows the situation he is in yet he rides around without insurance (that he can obviously afford) and with pot in the vehicle. The surprise here is that he didn't have a gun also. Too Stupid!! I hope he gets 6 months in jail for no insurance and 10 yrs for being too stupid!

To think that he is being picked on is crazy. I can't believe that anyone would expect him to treated differently than the way he was treated.

Over the yrs most of the people that have ran into my car don't have insurance. This wonderful redneck town I live has a policy that if they stop you and you don't have insurance you get a ticket, walk home and they haul your car to the pound where it stays until you show up with insurance and $250 bucks. They will search your car regardless of whether or not you have ever been arrested. Great plan!!

I don't know about CA but the few other states I have heard about all do it the same way. YOU have to have proof of insurance. If you have no proof then it is the same as you don't have any insurance. It is not up to the police to make phone calls to see if you have insurance. Whenever I drive someone else's car the first thing I do is ask them where their insurance card is. The second thing I do is verify that it is there and is valid. Not the cops responsibility. It is not the cops responsibilty to keep up with your driver's license either or your gun permit.

Bottom line is he is a convicted criminal out on parole driving around with no insurance, a girl in the car with fake ID, and an illegal substance in the car. He would have been arrested in any of the 50 states regardless of his color.

The girl in question sounds flakey - but has nothing to do with his offenses, if indeed they are. Someone forgot their proof of insurance - happens; that doesnt mean he doesnt have insurance. The traffic violation seems legitimate. Who knows about the marijuna? It could be his, it could be planted, it could have been left by one of his posse.

My point remains the same - he's being hounded for petty crap...

To think that he is being picked on is crazy. I can't believe that anyone would expect him to treated differently than the way he was treated.

I agree with you 100%.

If it was me, I'd be fucked with a capital Q.

It sounds to me like Dude is playing favorites. For some reason, he defends and even compliments Knight, despite the fact that he is a violent asshole who should be in prison and yet is out riding around without insurance and with pot, VIOLATING PAROLE.

Dude, what do you see in this person?

I see an asshole that shouldn’t be free in the first place.

The traffic violation seems legitimate.

Maybe but I have made many illegal U turns, left turns, lane changes, speeding and I only get stopped occasionally. I don't doubt that being black makes it more likely to get stopped and that is not right but he didn't go to jail for being black. Had he not had the pot he probably would have gotten ticketed. Around here the violation will get you a ticket. The no insurance will get you searched. The pot will get you arrested. Period.

Being black may be why he got stopped or it may be the U turn. The pot is why he went to jail.

Every person without insurance that has ever ran into my car said they had insurance but left the proof at home. In every case that has been a lie. I fully support the police impounding the vehicle if you have no proof. I have an insurance card in every one of my vehicles. There is no way to forget it.

is it just my imagination or are successful black persons being targeted by the conservative lobby in the `states even more than they have been in the past????

But is there a chance that people are actually committing crimes here? Besides, in comparison to what? Do you have arrest rates for other ethnic groups? None of them are 0% I bet. Can you make a determination that this is targeting and not actual crime? Are "successful black persons" excluded from following law and from prosecution because it "might look like targeting" if enforced?

Where I live at least, I don't see the bias you're talking about.

The girl in question sounds flakey - but has nothing to do with his offenses, if indeed they are.

Very true. BUT.... when the cops discover someone with fake or no ID that is a red flag to search the vehicle. "If this person has a fake ID, what else are they hiding? Let's search the car!!"

I'm not saying that is his fault but it is a fact. If someone in the car has no ID or fake ID then the car is exponentially more likely to be searched. That may have had no bearing on the case. They may have found the pot before they discovered her ID was suspicious.

It is a bad idea to ride around with pot and no insurance. It is an incredibly bad idea if you are on parole. If it wasn't his then he has gotten the shaft. He needs to be real careful who he lets in his car and make sure it is cleaned out. Parolee's should expect to be searched more than other people. And knowing the consequences of being busted again should be real careful.

Dude, what do you see in this person?

I see a guy who marketed himself and his rappers as the bad asses on the block, and now is living the consequences of his marketing. In person, Suge is charasmatic, sharp, and often hilarious. I have no idea what he is like on the streets and dont want to know--but I suspect that he is being targeted because he's rich, successful, black, and associated with Rap music.

That said, I'm not suggesting that he be above the law. But beyond the traffic stuff, it wouldnt surprise me if he was being set up...

but I suspect that he is being targeted because he's rich, successful, black, and associated with Rap music.

You may be right. I hope it's because he made an illegal U-turn, had no insurance, had pot, rich, and associated with rap music. :lol:

I hope it's because he made an illegal U-turn, had no insurance, had pot, rich, and associated with rap music. :lol:

Gee....who would have thought? :rotfl:

Gee....who would have thought? :rotfl:

The stop prolly went like this.

Sir you made an illegal U turn. Can I see your license and insurance.

You don't have insurance? No big deal. I will have to search your car.

Lookie here what I found. Pot. Well that's no big deal. Wait just a minute, I will have to run your license.

It says that you are on parole. I guess a little pot ain't worth the trouble of arresting you. By the way what do you do for a living?

Rap music? RAP MUSIC??? Outta the car, on the ground and hands behind your head motherf'ker!!! YOU GOIN' TO PRISON!!!!!