Man Kills Brother-In-Law with Potato!

DudeAsInCool

Posted February 2, 2005 12:29 PM.

Man gets probation in potato-gun death

URBANA, Ohio (AP) — A man was sentenced to three years probation after admitting he fired potatoes from a metal pipe contraption that exploded, killing his brother-in-law.

Judd B. Coffey, 32, also must perform 100 hours of community service for a charge of possessing a dangerous ordnance, under the ruling Tuesday by Champaign County Common Pleas Judge Roger Wilson.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/news/updates/11144.html

Potato guns are fun but illegal. In keeping with my policy of not owning illegal items, I don't have one. I legally have a grenade launcher on my AR-15 but I cannot legally have a potato launcher. Go figger. I can't imagine how a metal one blew up unless he used some thin material to keep it lightweight. They are commonly made of schedule 40 pvc pipe. A well built one will launch a spud a long way. I would really like to have a long barrel model with night vision. :lol:

yikes!!!....that`s different i must say...give me a single-shot, hand-held spudgun anyday..you won`t catch me going anywhere near one of those automatic, assault, AK47 type spudguns.... :wacko::blink::o

" SPUDGUNS ARE NOT TOYS!! WHEN USED IN AN UNSAFE MANNER THEY CAN BE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. SEVERE INJURY OR EVEN DEATH CAN RESULT FROM MISUSE. NEVER, FOR ANY REASON, LOOK DOWN THE BARREL OF A LOADED SPUDGUN. SPUDGUNS SHOULD BE TREATED WITH THE SAME RESPECT AS A BB GUN, A PAINTBALL GUN, OR A SHOTGUN. :

post-86-1107644404.jpg

Edited by kiwibank

Germans also used potato fuel to propel their buzz bombs.  It took several tons of potatoes to fire a single buzz bomb.

the german and russian armies also used vodka (made from spuds, of course) to propel their troops......great vege the old potato.....my wife has quite a big garden and grows many different varieties of spud..they are delicious.....my father-in-laws nickname is " spud "... :lol:

post-86-1107669653.jpg

Edited by kiwibank

.my wife has quite a big garden and grows many different varieties of spud..they are delicious.....my father-in-laws nickname is " spud "... :lol:

Spudly :lol:

'spudly' :lol: