Grammy Nominees Announced

greenday.jpgGreen Day Rocks Their Way to Receive 6 Grammy Nominations! Producer/rapper Kanye West received the most Grammy nominations with 10, followed by R&B sensations Usher and Alicia Keys with eight.

The biggest night in music, the 47th annual Grammy Awards, is right around the corner!

Grammy-winning recording artist Queen Latifah has been named host for the world's premier music event. In addition to acting as host, Latifah who is also a current nominee, will perform on the show.

Other performers include:

Neo-soul rock band Maroon 5, Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, Alicia Keys, Tim McGraw, U2, Keith Urban, Gretchen Wilson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and legendary musicians Dickie Betts (The Allman Brothers Band) and Elvin Bishop. Kanye West will also be performing alongside John Legend, R&B great Mavis Staples and current nominee the Blind Boys Of Alabama. Bonnie Raitt and Billy Preston will perform at the Grammys in honor of Ray Charles.

Here's a list of the nominees in some of the major categories:

Album of the Year:

'Genius Loves Company,' Ray Charles

'American Idiot,' Green Day

'The Diary of Alicia Keys,' Alicia Keys

'Confessions,' Usher

'The College Dropout,' Kanye West

Record of the Year:

"Let's Get It Started," Black Eyed Peas

"Here We Go Again," Ray Charles and Norah Jones

"American Idiot," Green Day

"Heaven," Los Lonely Boys

"Yeah!," Usher, featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris

Song of the Year (songwriter award):

"Daughters," John Mayer, songwriter (John Mayer)

"If I Ain't Got You," Alicia Keys, songwriter (Alicia Keys)

"Jesus Walks," C. Smith & Kanye West, songwriters (Kanye West)

"Live Like You Were Dying," Tim Nichols & Craig Wiseman, songwriters (Tim McGraw)

"The Reason," Daniel Estrin & Douglas Robb, songwriters (Hoobastank)

New Artist:

Los Lonely Boys

Maroon5

Joss Stone

Kanye West

Gretchen Wilson

Pop Vocal Album:

'Genius Loves Company,' Ray Charles & Various Artists

'Feels Like Home,' Norah Jones

'Afterglow,' Sarah McLachlan

'Mind, Body & Soul,' Joss Stone

'Brian Wilson Presents Smile,' Brian Wilson

R&B Album:

'My Everything,' Anita Baker

'I Can't Stop,' Al Green

'The Diary of Alicia Keys,' Alicia Keys,

'Musicology,' Prince

'Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2,' Jill Scott

Rock Album:

'The Delivery Man,' Elvis Costello and the Imposters

'American Idiot,' Green Day

'The Reason,' Hoobastank

'Hot Fuss,' The Killers

'Contraband,' Velvet Revolver

Rap Album:

'To the 5 Boroughs,' Beastie Boys

'The Black Album,' Jay-Z

'The DEFinition,' L.L. Cool J

'Suit,'Nelly

'The College Dropout," Kanye West

Click below to watch Tim McGraw's "Live Like You Were Dying" video:

Real Player | Windows Media

Country Album:

'Van Lear Rose,' Loretta Lynn

'Live Like You Were Dying,' Tim McGraw

Tambourine,' Tift Merritt

'Be Here,' Keith Urban

'Here For The Party,' Gretchen Wilson

http://www.kbac.com/script/headline_newsma...tive&feed_id=68

post-23-1107479771.jpg

Yay!

Except for a few of the throwbacks (Skynyrd, etc..) I see nothing redeeming about that list, especially the "new artist" crap.

I haven't heard any good new artists........um............since.............um..................................um...........well the.......no, wait that's not true................um..............................................................................

....................................................................................................

............A Perfect Circle doesn't count; a lot of veteran musicians there.....................um...................I would say Velvet Revoler doesn't count, but they suck anyway so that's moot.............um............................um........

Well, ok. I'll pin the tag on Alter Bridge. I really like Metalingus. It's a great metal song, but with excellent vocals. The drumming reminded me of Danny Carey from Tool instantly, though I knew it was Scott Phillips. I just never knew he had that kind of drumming in him. I always thought he was good (hearing his work on Creed's "Illusion"/"Allusion" convinced me) but he is a monster on that track. The lyrics aren't incredible, but they aren't bland. They do well with the music that goes with them. Good melodies and of course, that great metal track.

Yes, they have veteran musicians too, but mostly with Creed which was also relatively new so it's different from APC and VR (both from bands in the early 90s and 80s).

But hey, if you don't except that, I’ll have to say the last good "new" thing to emerge came from 1998 (Creed), and you'll hate me even more for that.

Edited by Ken