Bush Begins New Term, Vows to End Tyranny

Lord_of_the_Dense

WASHINGTON - President George W. Bush embarked on his second term Thursday, telling a world anxious about war and terrorism that the United States would not shrink from new confrontations across the globe with "the great objective of ending tyranny."

Four minutes before noon, Bush placed his left hand on a family Bible and recited 39 tradition-hallowed words that every president since George Washington has uttered.

With 150,000 American troops deployed in Iraq at a cost of $1 billion a week and more than 1,360 killed, Bush also beseeched Americans for patience.

Read entire story here.

President George W. Bush embarked on his second term Thursday, telling a world anxious about war and terrorism that the United States would not shrink from new confrontations across the globe with "the great objective of ending tyranny."

Those words scare me. He doesn't attribute the same meaning to them that I would.

I wish he would move to Iraq...

you're so nice. i wish he would die already. he's SO fulla shit and it bothers me that people still fall for his uncaring crap.

I felt the same way for 8 years when Clinton was ruining this country. :lol:

Psychoanalyzing the situation, I would say that Clinton wanted to get blown and succeeded. Bush on the other hand likes seeing things blown up. I dont know about you, but there is something sadistic to be said in the latter :lol:

bush used to kill small animals as a kid--always a sign of impending adult sadism (for one, think of his reaction to Karla Faye Tucker, laughing at her pleading before her execution).

I did too......and still do.

it might be dif when one uses them for target practise (cultural thing) than when one takes delight in blowing them up (sociopathic thing). or maybe not, dunno (i am a lot more disgusted by sociopaths than i am by those who dig guns)

bush used to kill small animals as a kid--always a sign of impending adult sadism (for one, think of his reaction to Karla Faye Tucker, laughing at her pleading before her execution).

I would also like verification, on both the former, and the latter. Sources?

can I have more info on that please?

warning: you're gonna get (more) pissed off, if possible. from here: 'Republican presidential candidate Gary Bauer criticized Gov. George W. Bush Tuesday for making fun of an executed Texas woman in an interview Bush gave to Talk magazine.

"I think it is nothing short of unbelievable that the governor of a major state running for president thought it was acceptable to mock a woman he decided to put to death," Bauer said of Bush.

Bush is portrayed in Talk as ridiculing pickax killer Karla Faye Tucker of Houston for an interview she did with CNN broadcaster Larry King shortly before she was executed last year. Just before her execution date, Tucker appealed for clemency on the grounds that she had become a born-again Christian.

" `Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, `don't kill me,' "

i'll dig up the small-animal killing thing in a second; it's on my site. OK, the fuckwit blew up frogs and as i wrote in a parallel to his behavior and that of a sociopath's:

'...the squatter’s a classic sociopath as in superficial charm, manipulative, grandiose sense of self, narcissistic, pathological liar, lack of empathy, lack of remorse, irresponsible and parasitic lifestyle. sound like anyone we know? their sociopath list goes on w/’Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them, Authoritarian, Secretive, Paranoid‘ and ends w/’May state readily that their goal is to rule the world‘ which reminds me of ‘If this were a dictatorship, it’d be a heck of a lot easier, just as long as I’m the dictator.’ from my 'i can't believe it's not a war crime!'

fucking unbelievable

the fact that Dude, who's fairly well-versed in current events, dint know about this just shows the 'liberal bias' we have in the amerikan mainstream media. can you imagine if this shit was dug up about clinton? *mirthless laughter* EVERYone would know about it. bah...motherfuckers.

For those interested there is a decent article here about Karla Faye Tucker. It also has some links to other info. Fortunately the Governor of Texas does not have the authority to commute death sentences. He can recommend them to the board of pardons and paroles and use his political influence to try to get the board to approve a commutation but he alone can not grant them. If you read the article you will see that she was guilty but I think her remorse seemed sincere. Also the letter she wrote to Bush that is linked to in the article is worth reading. Since I live in Tex and I am very familiar with the story I did not read every word.

I personally am glad that pick ax murderers are executed if that is what the trial determines their fate to be, even if they change their ways and find Jesus while on death row.

It's scary when Redneck acts like a real person...bring back the hybrid Robin Williams/Barry Goldwater personality! :o

As to Karla Faye, I think that the objectionable aspect wasn't necessarily that Bush turned down her appeal to commute the death sentence, but that he openly mocked her.

As to Karla Faye, I think that the objectionable aspect wasn't necessarily that Bush turned down her appeal to commute the death sentence, but that he openly mocked her.

I never saw that before and there is only one anti-Bush person that said he mocked her from what I can tell. That doesn't mean it isn't true but it does create some question in my mind that of the fairness or validity of the accusation. If true then it was a tasteless comment.

I never saw that before and there is only one anti-Bush person that said he mocked her from what I can tell. That doesn't mean it isn't true but it does create some question in my mind that of the fairness or validity of the accusation. If true then it was a tasteless comment.

The foolishly insensitive remark was quoted by conservative writer Tucker Carlson in Talk Magazine. Here's the report on it from a conservative website, Freerepublic.com

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a37b291043b5c.htm

From: "Devil May Care" by Tucker Carlson, Talk Magazine, September 1999, p. 106

"Bush's brand of forthright tough-guy populism can be appealing, and it has played well in Texas. Yet occasionally there are flashes of meanness visible beneath it.

While driving back from the speech later that day, Bush mentions Karla Faye Tucker, a double murderer who was executed in Texas last year. In the weeks before the execution, Bush says, Bianca Jagger and a number of other protesters came to Austin to demand clemency for Tucker. 'Did you meet with any of them?' I ask.

Bush whips around and stares at me. 'No, I didn't meet with any of them,' he snaps, as though I've just asked the dumbest, most offensive question ever posed. 'I didn't meet with Larry King either when he came down for it. I watched his interview with [Tucker], though. He asked her real difficult questions, like 'What would you say to Governor Bush?' 'What was her answer?' I wonder.

'Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, 'don't kill me.'

I must look shocked -- ridiculing the pleas of a condemned prisoner who has since been executed seems odd and cruel, even for someone as militantly anticrime as Bush -- because he immediately stops smirking.

'It's tough stuff,' Bush says, suddenly somber, 'but my job is to enforce the law.' As it turns out, the Larry King-Karla Faye Tucker exchange Bush recounted never took place, at least not on television. During her interview with King, however, Tucker did imply that Bush was succumbing to election-year pressure from pro-death penalty voters. Apparently Bush never forgot it. He has a long memory for slights." [Carlson, Talk, 9/99]

[Ed. Note: During the Larry King-Faye Tucker exchange, Tucker never asked to be spared.]

http://www.dangerouscitizen.com/Photo+Gallery/568.aspx

exactly--in my (admittedly old) way of thinking, those in political power have a higher standard of behavior to uphold, to use as an example. R preznit's reactions to KFT, as to so many other things, are totally inappropriate (and an indication of his fucked-up 'mind'). show a little dignity and restraint, asshole! the chick's about to die, she's become a christian (supposedly like you) and you're mocking her like a mean-spirited little kid? :mad:

oh, wait. :lol: