14 Best Kanye West Quotes From His Radio Interviews

NelsonG

Diesel Black Gold - Front Row - Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2014

By Sean Lynch

As 2013 continues to wind down, Kanye West has been delivering candid interview after candid interview, something he has shied away from in the past. The latest leg of the 2013 radio press run for Ye’ has left us with plenty of insight into the mind of the self-dubbed, genius. RapFix decided to pull the best quotes from Kanye’s latest press run.

Something must have triggered Kanye West following his interview with BBC’s Zane Lowe a few months ago. Since then he's been on an award tour of sorts, stopping by radio stations in the Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Philadelphia and as of late New York City. Ye’ covered everything from his ‘Bound 2’ video, God, meeting Michael Jackson, his feud with Nike and of course his bride to be, Kim Kardashian. In case you missed out these 13 pull quotes sum just about everything up.

On ‘Bound 2’:
"I wanted [Bound 2] to look as phony as possible. I wanted the cloud to go in one direction, the mountains to go in one direction, the horses to go over there. 'Cause I want to show you that this is the Hunger Games. I want to show you that this is the type of imagery that has been presented to all of us, and the only difference is a black dude in the middle of it." - The Breakfast Club

On Nike royalties:
"Nike told me, 'We can't give you royalties because you're not a professional athlete.' I told them, 'I go to the Garden and play one on no one. I'm a performance athlete." - Hot 97’s Angie Martinez Show

On Hottest MCs placement:
"I'm juggling a lot of things at the same time. Y'all putting me #6 after Big Sean on the hip-hop list. The list is fine, but when you're trying to keep up with the list and write all these raps, but you're also trying to learn about clothing. You got a whole 'hood calling you a f-- for even liking clothes or being at the runway shows. Like you can't be a masculine person like [designer] Ralph Lauren and still love the beauty and texture of clothing as artists and still love a fat ass at the same time. - Sirius XM's Sway in the Morning.

On siding with Jay-Z over Dame Dash:
“The problem was with Dame his truth was more accurate and more closer to what mine was, but his technique was harsh for me as a young kid and stuff... I felt like a little bit more pressure. And Jay Z was a nice guy. And also I felt like I had that truth that Dame has in him. We the same. Me and Cam, me and Dame, we the same. But I wanted to learn this technique that Jay got of actually being likable…So, Jay Z know how to move in a room full of vultures. You know what I’m saying? As his little brother, I needed to learn that technique because I got something that God want me to give the world.” - Power 105.1 The Breakfast Club.

On Kim Kardashian:
“All barbershops, fashion designers, architects, corner stores, Wall Street… all over the world… y’all acting like [Kim Kardashian] ain’t the most beautiful woman of all time… I’m talking about, arguably, of human existence, the top 10 of human existence.” - Hot 97’s Angie Martinez Show

On meeting Michael Jackson:
"I sat with Michael Jackson. I met him over Lyor Cohen's house and I just vibed out with him. I think Michael was the one that put that battery in my back to do 808's. I played him "Good Life," he was like, 'Who is that singing right there. I like that voice.' It was my voice, he gassed me up." - Juan Epstein Podcast

On Instagram:
"I'm not on Instagram but I was just thinking what would it be called, would it be called Yeezus? What type of things do I Instagram. I don't want to... I feel like I'm giving away too many codes. All these codes that I said I wanted to put inside of film, content and inside of clothing... I need that... I need that to apply to this product... At this point there is things that inspire me, but I want to make new things to civilization. The Instagram is not enough of a creative out for me." - Power 106’s Big Boy’s Neighborhood.

On mastering drums:
"My drums are actually my Achilles heel. So what you guys got to understand is Yeezus is an exercise in drums and mixes, more than it is an exercise of hit records... Every now and then I'd get it. "All of the Lights" remixed that so many times. Every now and then I would get it. Even with "Stronger" I would ask Pharrell, I'd ask Timbaland, to help me redo these drums cause it just don't knock. We still to this day redo the drums to "Can't Tell Me Nothing." It don't knock like Mike Will. It don't knock like Travis Scott. It don't knock like Young Chop." - Juan Epstein Podcast

On art, love and God:
"We're currently led by the least noble, least talented, least respected, least respectful people—politicians. Period. But the world could be saved through art and design. Art is something that in definition I think is a really close thing to love, and love is really close to God, and God is the master creator. If you're creative, therefore, you are God, a god of something." - Bret Easton Ellis Podcast

On what “Swagger Like Us” did for Hip-Hop:
“Like I said I’m from Chicago, people is dying every day and everybody think we gonna do a benefit concert and help that out, but I need to be put in position to be able to apply my thoughts—the same thoughts you know, before I came in the game rappers was killing each other…You ain't even heard about that no more. The first time rappers rapped on a song with each other that were at God level, all of them, was "Swagger Like Us." After that all of the songs was like "Swagger Like Us." The thing is we not each other’s enemies. I’m showing us how we can work together.” - Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club.

On the future:
"Picture this shot that you have of the future, and you picture all these flying cars. We have it now. It's the Internet. That is the sky. So we say, 'Where's our flying cars?' We were given something better than flying cars." - Bret Easton Ellis Podcast.

On finding out his step-brother had a crack addiction:
"I always use to get on punishment and was told not to use the phone. This was back when you had quarter phones, there was no cell phones back then. So I'm on the phone and my step-brother came in and he asked me, 'What was you doing?' I was like, 'I wasn't doing nothing.' He was like, 'Was you smoking a cigarette?' ... Cause he saw the light from it. I was like, 'No I was on the phone.' He's like, 'You sure you wasn't smoking no cigarette?' So he grabbed me and said, 'Ye' whatever you do don't never smoke anything... Never smoke anything.' So come to find out that he was a crackhead and I didn't know it." - Juan Epstein Podcast.

On North West changing his perception:
“If it’s for myself, I would have been cool just sitting in Nike not getting no royalties," he said. "Letting people line up for the Yeezys and not—you know. When I’m having negotiations and then I go and look in my daughter’s eyes...when I go and negotiate after that I’m like ‘Oh y’all ain’t finna talk to me like that. We finna get this money right.’” - The Russ Parr Morning Show 93.9 WKYS

On the Confederate flag:
“Even like the Confederate flag, it’s not even a statement about racism. It’s a statement that you can do what you want. You can take what you want. You can say what you want. Just like when we say the n-word on the radio, but just like that you can take anything. Anything can be yours. So, with the mask it’s the opportunity for me to even like turn up on a performance because I don’t have to be self-conscious about ‘Did I get a haircut? Did I get this?’ I can just give people everything I got." Philadelphia's Power 99

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/11/26/14-best-kanye-west-quotes-from-his-radio-interviews/]View the full article[/url]