What Rappers Did Kendrick Lamar Miss On 'Control?'

NelsonG

VEVO Digital Content NewFronts At Roseland Ballroom In NYC

By Maurice Bobb

J. Cole, Big K.R.I.T., Wale, Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake, Jay Electronica, Tyler, the Creator, Mac Miller and Big Sean may all feel a certain way after being taken to task lyrically by fellow wordsmith Kendrick Lamar on the Detroit rapper’s new song “Control,” which was released Monday (August 12) night, but what about the rappers he didn’t mention by name? Isn’t exclusion worse than inclusion?

Kendrick Lamar's 'Control' Verse: What We Learned

Not surprisingly, Twitter supplied the answer to that riddle in hilarious fashion with the trending topics #KendrickDidntCallOut and #RappersKendrickDidntMention.

For the uninitiated, here’s the combative verse by MTV’s Hottest MC in the game that started all the fuss:

"I'm usually homeboys with the same n----s i'm rhymin with/ But this is hip-hop and them n----s should know what time it is/ And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big K.R.I.T., Wale/ Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake/ Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller/ I got love for you all but I'm tryna murder you n----s/ Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you n----s/ They don't wanna hear not one more noun or verb from you n---as," the good kid, m.A.A.d city MC rapped.

Rappers flooded timelines with their responses, but it was rap fans who brought the funny. @Tpindell scored a double on the #rapperskendrickdidntmention trending topic with the tweet, “Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan & Dylan.”

and “#rapperskendrickdidntmention the girl from the education connection commercials”

but it was @RealRobertLiss, who took creative license with one of the game’s most storied competitors, Tupac with his tweet.

Here’s a few more tweets worth mentioning: @realtrevorlamb #RappersKendrickDidntMention The K-Mart "Schoolbus is my Limo" rappers http://twitter.com/#!/realtrevorlamb/status/367333301553745920

@Pyrvmis #KendrickDidntCallOut Lil Romeo cuz he know he went to ICDC College. Lol.

Who do you think Kendrick Lamar should have called out on “Control”?

Kendrick Lamar's 'Control' Verse: What We Learned

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/08/14/kendrick-lamars-control-verse-what-rappers-did-he-miss/]View the full article[/url]