CBS "InstaPoll" Declares Edwards Debate Winner

DudeAsInCool

Spinning Out Clear Winner Even Before Debate Begins

By JIM RUTENBERG

Published: October 6, 2004

CLEVELAND, Oct. 5 - Determined to win the post-debate spin war on Tuesday night, the Bush campaign called on its supporters to flood the news media with quick declarations that Vice President Dick Cheney had come out ahead.

Ken Mehlman, Mr. Bush's campaign manager, delivered the request in an e-mail message to supporters early Tuesday morning. "Immediately after the debate, visit online polls, chat rooms and discussion boards and make your voice heard," he said in the note, sent to the six million supporters on the campaign's e-mail list. "People's perceptions are shaped as much by their conversations around the water cooler as by the debates themselves."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/06/politics.../06spin.html?hp

did you watch it? Who "won"?

For some reason the newspaper is not here yet and I can't read anything. I prefer the paper than reading the net cause my eyes pop out

My comments from another thread:

QUOTE (DudeAsInCool @ Oct 5 2004, 07:57 PM)

I'm in

So is John Edwards after his debate with Darth Vader. Cheney came across as a mouthpiece for all the administration deceptions who could care less about individual citizens, other than their vote. A guy with minimal people skils, but a master of corporation steamrolling of human voices and dignity. Edwards, on the other hand, talked of hope, changing the wayward direction Bush has led the country, and of being accountable to the US citizenry. I'm sure the polls will have Edwards as the winner....other than Fox, of course.

PS....Edwards was even slightly ahead in the Fox poll when I went to bed in the wee hours this A.M.

HEART PATIENT OUTRUNS AMBULANCE CHASER

by Ann Coulter

Here's what the vigilant viewer of Tuesday night's debate would have learned: You should vote for the Kerry/Edwards ticket because John Edwards' old man used to learn math off of the TV. Dear Diary: Went to a vice presidential debate Tuesday night and an "Oprah" show broke out.

Too bad Mr. Edwards didn't teach his son John that $119 billion (money actually spent on the Iraq war so far) does not equal $200 billion (money John Edwards claims has been spent on Iraq war so far), or that 700 Iraqi military deaths (actual number of Iraqi deaths in war to remove Saddam Hussein) is greater than zero (number of Iraqi deaths acknowledged by Edwards).

After Dick Cheney had beaten Edwards about the head for a while during the debate, Edwards waved his girlish hands and said: "There are 60 countries who have members of al-Qaida in them. How many of those countries are we going to invade?"

Read entire story here.

CHENEY :nope:

Rewriting History

In his debate with John Edwards, Dick Cheney had a brand-new version of the events that led to war WEB EXCLUSIVE

Oct. 6 - With virtually all of the administration’s original case for war in Iraq in tatters, Vice President Dick Cheney provided shifting and sometimes misleading arguments in last night’s debate with John Edwards about Saddam Hussein’s ties to terrorists and his access to weapons of mass destruction.

THE REST

Edited by joeyz

Runners Advance

Edwards keeps the Democrats' rally going.

By William Saletan

Updated Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2004, at 9:50 AM PT

Edwards 1, Cheney 0

Now are you sorry you didn't nominate this guy for president?

That's what I wanted to ask Democrats as I watched John Edwards knock Dick Cheney around the ring tonight. If the Iowa caucuses had been held two days later, Edwards might have beaten John Kerry there and won the nomination. Democrats might have been spared months of caveat-riddled circumlocutions that helped sour swing voters on their presidential nominee. We might have heard a clear Democratic message.

Well, at least we heard it tonight.

For the complete article click here:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2107808/