Prodigy Live in Athens

As mentioned earlier, The Prodigy are on tour again after 4 years (if I remember correctly) and for the first time in many years it's the original 4 members together.

Being a huge Prodigy fan years ago, I couldn't miss that.

I remember the last time I saw them in Athens, they were late to come on stage and they played for an hour only. I also remember the billions of water bottles that were thrown to them because of that. Who could forget Keith's reaction to that. He picked up some of the bottles and threw back to the crowd. A few years went by and it seems they liked the atmosphere that night and decided to pick Athens for their return.

[sarcasm]2004 and The Prodigy are back. Better than ever. They broke their "being late" record by ten minutes. They "only" came out an hour and ten minutes after schedule. They also broke their performance record by 10 minutes. They played for a whole hour and 10 minutes. [/sarcasm]

Time to get serious. The sound was excellent, their performance was REALLY good and the crowd really pumped up for the occasion. It was a good show in a great theater although not louder than Rage Against the Machine.

Below are the pics I promised. Most of them are blurry cause I didn't know how to set my friend's digital camera and I was standing on some metal stairs that moved because of the jumping.

Location: Lycabettus Theater. Best view in Athens and best place to have a concert or theater play.

prodigyview.jpg

Theater full. Crowd awaiting the appearance of Prodigy. In the second pic, you can (??) see the people that are sitting on the huge rock that sits next to the thater. That's the ultimate place to watch a show if you don't have money or if it's sold out. The view from up there is REALLY incredible. I saw the second Massive attack show from up there! (Forgive the shaking. No time to explain more lol)

prodigy2.jpg

prodigy5.jpg

They finally showed up. Crowd goes nuts. Method trying to shout, get pics, and make friends with a beautiful young lady that's sitting next to him.

prodigy11.jpg

prodigy12.jpg

prodigy6.jpg

prodigy7.jpg

prodigy8.jpg

prodigy9.jpg

prodigy3.jpg

prodigy4.jpg

End of concert. Ride bike back home. Sleep, wake up, work, etc...

:bigsmile:

Method - did they play much old stuff?

I d/l'd their new album and not massively impressed tbh but I am thinking of seeing them in London in Dec.

Current ticket price on ebay is about £70 so if I do go to see them I don't really want to see only the new album!

they played mostly their old stuff. Highlight of the live was when they played "smack my bitch up" and "breathe". I think you should see them but the new album is not that good compared to their older stuff