Happy Father's Day To Kanye West And The New Crop Of Hip-Hop Dads

NelsonG

By Maurice Bobb

Father’s Day is here, which means that veteran dads like T.I. and Diddy will get another round of applause for their parenting, but for new hip-hop dads like Los, Tyga, Wiz Khalifa and Kanye West, it means another big step in their evolution.

In honor of Father's Day we'd like to tip our hats to some of the newest hip-hop dads, especially Kanye West who welcomed his baby girl only 24 hours ago.Every father deserves a salute for holding down their families, but a special shout out goes to all the hip-hop dads who’ll be getting a cheesy new tie today.

Kanye West: Kim and Kanye welcomed their baby girl into the world on Saturday (June 15). And while Yeezy has been tight-lipped about what he's expecting during fatherhood, one thing’s for sure, he’ll keep his kid protected. “One of the things was just to be protective, that I would do anything to protect my child or my child’s mother," he explained during his New York Times interview. "As simple as that. I don’t want to explain too much into what my thoughts on, you know, fatherhood are, because I’ve not fully developed those thoughts yet. I don’t have a kid yet. Yeah. Well, I just don’t want to talk to America about my family. Like, this is my baby. This isn’t America’s baby.”

Jay-Z: This isn't Jay's first rodeo, but it's still special nonetheless. As the year has gone by, the Carters have let America get more acquainted with Blue Ivy Carter. For his part, Hov has worn his love for his daughter on his sleeve, even recording the heartfelt "Glory" shortly after her birth. But one thing's for sure, like he said "Ni--as couldn't f-ck with my daughters room/Ni--as couldn't walk in my daughters socks" on Rick Ross' "Three Kings," Blue Ivy will forever be spoiled like every "Daddy's Little Girl" should.

T.I.: The Grand Hustle CEO has a big family that most of his fans have come to know and love via the VH1 reality show, "The Family Hustle." One big way to gauge whether or not a father is making a difference is the lessons that are passed on. So to celebrate Father's Day and promote the seven-hour "Family Hustle" marathon Sunday (June 16), the Rubber Band Man's family all got in on the joke and impersonated their patriarch's many admonishments, like "I'm rich, you're not," "Stay out the white room" and "Y'all ain't about that life."

Los: The Bad Boy rapper and Taylor Gang’s Lola Monroe welcomed their baby boy, Brixton Royal a few months ago. Though the duo rep different crews, the Becoming King MC says his son has “the best of both worlds.” "He came up in the whole essence of the whole Taylor [Gang] thing with Lola over there, so she's Taylor's up. I'm a Bad Boy, he's a Bad Boy. So he got the best of both worlds. He's good. He got two strong families on either side.”

Wiz Khalifa: Wiz and Amber Rose were thrilled to finally announce their son's name: Sebastian "The Bash" Taylor Thomaz, when he was born. The Taylor Gang CEO is thoroughly enjoying fatherhood, using that elation as a muse for new material for his upcoming album. “Yeah, I’m working on another album. I’m planning on dropping it this year. I wasn’t going to, but I got like so much motivation, I’ve been having so fun having my son," he said during a radio interview. "I feel like it will be a great time to just put out a really dope, relevant project and kill it again.”

Tyga: The “Rack City” rapper had his first son, King Cairo Stevenson, with girlfriend Blac Chyna late last year and dove headfirst into fatherhood. The YMCMB MC hit a bump in the road shortly thereafter when video from a defunct show called “Bustas” was unearthed, but the new dad weathered the storm to release Hotel California to pay for diapers, formula and everything else a growing boy needs. "Most Amazing feeling ever #Blessed #2Kings @KingCairo."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/06/16/happy-fathers-day-to-kanye-west-and-the-new-crop-of-hip-hop-dads/]View the full article[/url]