Ariana Grande And Mac Miller's 'The Way' Goes Platinum

NelsonG

By Andrew Christina

When it comes to hit songs, it makes perfect sense that a Nickelodeon TV star and a Pittsburgh rapper would join forces to create a Platinum hit. Wait, what? Well, that’s exactly what happened this week when Ariana Grande’s “The Way,” featuring Mac Miller, went platinum, meaning that the song has sold over 1,000,000 copies.

Judging by her Twitter reaction, the 19-year-old pop singer was also caught by surprise:

Music has been my passion since I was a little girl and now I have my first platinum record at 19. No words to express my gratitude!!!!” she added.

Mac told MTV News in May that the song developed after he and Grande had some “really awesome experiences” working in the studio together. "The music that we [originally] made was why ['The Way'] happened. That was the chemistry and that's where the experience happened and that's why it made sense to do that song."

Those “experiences” were apparently too much for Grande to handle. She described the lyrics of “The Way” to MTV News in March.  "It's about just like, loving somebody so much that you just can't describe it," she said. "Like it's just the best feeling in the world. The beginning phases of love when everything is so exciting and you just get butterflies.”

But the sparks aren’t flying just yet. Miller says he and Grande are “just friends.” Fans might be able to hear more from MacGrande on Ariana’s upcoming album, Daydreamin’, which is due out in August. She thinks some of the other songs the duo made will make it to the final cut of the album.  In the meantime, you can pick up Mac’s sophomore album, Watching Movies with the Sound Off on June 18.

Tune into "RapFix Live" Wednesday (June 12) at 4 p.m. EST on MTV Jams and RapFix.MTV.com to hear Mac talk about the upcoming project.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/06/11/ariana-grande-and-mac-millers-the-way-goes-platinum/]View the full article[/url]