Kelly Rowland Opens Up About Reconnecting With Beyonce

NelsonG

kelly

By Henna Kathiya

Most celebrities work hard to not air their dirty laundry out in public, but Kelly Rowland took a different approach and turned her “Dirty Laundry” into a song for her new album Talk a Good Game. The song, which references her past abusive relationship also addresses the strain that was put on her friendship with Beyonce.  During a recent interview with “Omg! Insider” Kelly admitted that the long rumored rift between her and Beyonce was because she “checked out for a minute" during their friendship.

"I think the people wanted those stories for years, and that's just so sad on them because it's not like that," Rowland said. "It's so crazy, and I just think it's so sad that we live in a world where people don't want to see women get along and encourage and empower each other, and that's what we do for each other.”

Although they have had some troubles in the past, the former Destiny’s Child singer says that her relationship with Beyonce is now stronger than ever. “I love my sister, and she is so incredibly supportive — one of the closest people to me," she said. "I love her to death, and I love being an aunt [to B's daughter, Blue Ivy]."

The-Dream, who wrote the song for Kelly, tapped into the emotional pain behind their relationship. “Then to watch [Kelly & Beyonce], great together, watching [Beyoncé's daughter] Blue, watch [Kelly] play with Blue, take pictures and go back and forth and then enjoy this certain part of each other's lives...I wrote from that aspect of that hurt," he said in an interview with Power 99 . "I took that emotion and pain in those times where it was just a dark period where none of us knew what was going on. I said, 'That's interesting. Let me see.' Then I did my own little detective work." (via HipHopDX)

Beyonce and Michelle Williams also make an appearance on Kelly’s new album for the track “You’ve Changed.” In addition to opening up about her rift with Beyonce, Kelly’s past abusive relationship was another driving force behind the song. "At that time ... I couldn't hear it. I was really just going in my own path. I was trying to find my way,” she said. "He's a different person now. He's a better person now. I had to walk away. You just get tired. You get tired of not being happy. That's not a life you want to live."

Now that the season three “X Factor” judge has put all her dirty laundry behind her she is gearing up for the release of her Talk a Good Game album on June 18.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/06/05/kelly-rowland-opens-up-about-reconnecting-with-beyonce/]View the full article[/url]