MMG Drops 'God Is Great' And 'Poor Decisions' From Self Made, Vol. 3 LP

NelsonG

selfmade

By Maurice Bobb

MMG season has returned. After news broke Monday (June 3) that Rick Ross’ crew’s compilation album, Self Made, Vol. 3, would be released on August 6, fans got a double dose of new music from the upcoming LP.

The first song out of the collective’s chamber was Rockie Fresh’s “God is Great.” The Boi-1da-produced track finds the young Chicagoan giving thanks to man upstairs for his many blessings, which include his watch, chain and bevy of women.

“See the watch, see the chain and know that God is great/ Even when these ni--as hate, God is great,” Fresh raps, before continuing with “Aw, man, look at me, I’m becoming everything I wish I be/I got b-tches, I got cake, wake up every day and I say God is great.”

MMG reloaded the clip and hit fans with another sonic shot, “Poor Decisions,” by Wale, featuring Rozay and Lupe Fiasco. The Jake One-produced salvo takes aim at members of the hip-hop community spending their money furiously on whips and jewels instead of building wealth or prepping for the future, backed by Ross’ cautionary chorus, “Rich ni—as making poor decisions.”

As the Mastermind MC weaves his signature coke boy tales, Lupe and Wale hammer home messages with a more neo-political focus, with the Food & Liquor rapper flipping Ross’ original refrain for a more suitable one.

“Poor ni—as making rich decisions,” he raps, hammering home the idea that, realistically, most fans’ “POV is poverty,” but they “still gon get ‘em.” Poor decisions indeed.

Those two songs, combined with Wale’s “Bad (remix),” featuring Rihanna, officially makes today MMG Monday.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/06/03/mmg-drops-god-is-great-and-poor-decisions-from-self-made-vol-3-lp/]View the full article[/url]