What Will Kanye West Do On Saturday Night Live?

NelsonG

By Sowmya Krishnamurthy

Kanye West is hitting the stage tomorrow night on "Saturday Night Live." The episode, which will be the late-night show's 38th season finale, features actor Ben Affleck. In new teaser spots, Kanye looks deadpan at the camera, giving us little indication of what to expect from his appearance (although he's sporting a band-aid). Ye barely cracks a smile while Ben Affleck and cast member Fred Armisen joke around.

If his recent rant is any indication, Kanye is not going to "SNL" to be funny. He told a crowd at the Adult Swim upfront this week, "Don't ask nothing else of me. Mother----ers chasing you down, 'bout to make you crash and sh--, and all they want is one n---a to laugh and sh--," West said. "Hell nah, I ain't doing no mother----ing 'SNL' skits; this my goddamn life. This ain't no mother----ing joke. That's it. Stop that sh-- right there." During the rant, Ye relayed a story of how a friend asked him if he was doing the sketch comedy show to humanize himself. The rapper angrily asked the crowd why he would need to humanize himself in the first place.

Jokes aside, it's likely that Kanye will debut new music on the show. He teased a song many have dubbed "So Awesome" during his Adult Swim show. Billboard shared some lyrics from the emo track: "Cause baby you're awesome / you don't need to listen to your manager. I know you just be tired from running through my mind / can I come inside? / Cuz baby you're awesome / And I'm also awesome."

If the song is about Ye's baby mama Kim Kardashian, as many are suspecting, it's feasible that the very pregnant reality show star may make an appearance in the SNL crowd or maybe even onstage. A few new tracks from Ye's upcoming sixth album have be previewed as far away as Poland, so here's hoping he's got some fire in store for us.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/05/18/what-will-kanye-west-do-on-saturday-night-live/]View the full article[/url]