DVD Burner Problems

Cerebral_Assassin

Hello all, I have a problem that just maybe one of you could help me with.......

it's this, I'm using Nero OEM Suite software that came bundled with my DVD burner, everytime I try to burn an audio disc or a vcd or whatever to a cd-r or cd-rw it goes through all the motions like it's going to burn and then at the point of actually burning it say's "Please insert blank media". The disc is blank, I don't have this problem if I use a dvd-r or a dvd-rw, only with a cd-r or cd-rw of any brand......I have tried several different brands and it's always the same. I have this same problem using other software to burn with, I have tried Alcohol 120% and several others. Any ideas what the problem may be? This just started a week or so ago, never had this problem before. My burner is a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-R5112. I have reinstalled the software to no avail. Help please if you can.

Toshiba SD-R5112 DVD-R/RW Drive

Edited by Cerebral_Assassin

My wife was having somewhat similar troubles on her system. In her case the burner wouldn't recognize the disc as present either.

I got around it by installing a different software for cr-r's. I found it at PCTT. It's called burnatonce

[the cause of her problem was her high speed burner wasn't being recognized correctly by the software]

That doesn't sound like it would be your problem though.

Hello all, I have a problem that just maybe one of you could help me with.......

it's this, I'm using Nero OEM Suite software that came bundled with my DVD burner, everytime I try to burn an audio disc or a vcd or whatever to a cd-r or cd-rw it goes through all the motions like it's going to burn and then at the point of actually burning it say's "Please insert blank media". The disc is blank, I don't have this problem if I use a dvd-r or a dvd-rw, only with a cd-r or cd-rw of any brand......I have tried several different brands and it's always the same. I have this same problem using other software to burn with, I have tried Alcohol 120% and several others. Any ideas what the problem may be? This just started a week or so ago, never had this problem before. My burner is a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-R5112. I have reinstalled the software to no avail. Help please if you can.

Toshiba SD-R5112 DVD-R/RW Drive

hello if you have XP on your computer you can burn also a cd [not dvd] with Mediaplayer

try it out :D :D

and look of there an firmware update for the burner availeble is

and wich version from NERO are you using

Edited by DUTCH-ONLINE

perhaps

Xp with Mediaplayer latest version does burn C D properly

not needed another program for that ,only for DVD i am using Roxio easy cd and dvd creator :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

and how is the Greece today

Edited by DUTCH-ONLINE

I can burn DVD-R and DVD-RW's just fine, it's when I try to burn to a CD-R is when the problem happens. I'm using Nero OEM Suite 3, I have tried Roxio and many others.....it's always the same....."Please Insert Empty Disc, This Media Is Not Writable", they are blank and I have tried several different brands, the drive or the software is not recognizing the disc or whatever.

I can burn DVD-R and DVD-RW's just fine, it's when I try to burn to a CD-R is when the problem happens. I'm using Nero OEM Suite 3, I have tried Roxio and many others.....it's always the same....."Please Insert Empty Disc, This Media Is Not Writable", they are blank and I have tried several different brands, the drive or the software is not recognizing the disc or whatever.

think you have to go to COMPUTER and than to your burner > properties look in the optie on the right there must be a part to set your burner to accept cd to

not easy for me to tel but try it

Edited by DUTCH-ONLINE

think you have to go to COMPUTER  and than to your burner > properties look in the optie on the right there must be a part to set your burner to accept cd to

another

open the pictures in a bigger window

Edited by DUTCH-ONLINE

think you have to go to COMPUTER  and than to your burner > properties look in the optie on the right there must be a part to set your burner to accept cd to

another

another pic

open the pictures in a bigger window

Edited by DUTCH-ONLINE

Hey guys, thanks for all of your replies........

I have been running 98SE since I got my PC back in February 2000, I tried XP and didn't like it at all. I broke down yesterday and installed Windows 2000 Pro and all the software I had previously.......I installed Nero Ultra Edition and now everything works just fine......I just finished burning a slideshow in VCD format of my beautiful daughter and I am happy at last. Thank you all very much for replying.

:D :D :D :good job:

• 3 weeks later...

And so another problem arises............

I can finally burn anything, VCD's, DVD's Audio Cd's etc.

Now the problem is, my RCA DVD player all of a sudden won't play anything I burn other than Audio CD's.......never had this problem before, anything I burn plays just fine in my daughters cheap @ss $39.00 Apex DVD player but not in my RCA..........what's up with that? Any suggestions?

When I put a disc i've burnt in all I get is a blue screen on my TV and the display on my DVD player just says "Loading".......and it loads forever and never plays.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

Help please if ya can.

I've heard that some dvds won't play some brands. Have you tried another kind? The problem should be there cause it plays on your daughter's cheap ass dvd.

I didn't call your daughter's ass cheap. I meant the dvd

lol

I'm using the same brand of cd-r's and dvd-r's i've always used.......I think it may be time to invest in a new dvd player maybe.......been thinkin' about one of the new one Phillips has out that plays almost anything. I've read that Wal-Mart, Circuit City and Target are about the only places that carry them and that they are always sold out.......WRONG........I seen one at K-Mart last Friday for $69.99, hell I shoulda bought it.

Well, I did it........I went to K-Mart and bought one of the new DVD players that Philips has out.......the sign was right, it said "If You've Got It, We Can Play It"......so far every thing i've put in it has played, DivX, .avi, mpegs......i've burnt several different formats to disc using Burn4Free and everything has worked so far.

For $69.00 this little baby is worth every penny.