Kerry Hires Ala. Woman Fired for Sticker

Lord_of_the_Dense

DETROIT - Democrat John Kerry has a new campaign worker helping him drum up support in Alabama after hiring a woman who was fired for displaying the presidential candidate's bumper sticker on her car.

Kerry called Lynne Gobbell on Tuesday after reading a newspaper story describing how she had been fired last Thursday from her job packing cellulose insulation at a Moulton, Ala., plant.

Gobbell said her former employer had told her she could either work for him or Kerry. She said Kerry told her, "Let him know that as of today, you're working for John Kerry."

Read entire story here.

I bet he gets her vote.

good publicity cheap. She gets a temp job and he get a million in free press. He is smarter than I thought. I now figure him equally intelligent as a rock but with less personality. He will probably waffle and lay her off/rehire her 4x in the next couple of months. <_>

He will probably waffle

This is the bigger misperception that the Bush people are putting out there - that Kerry is a big waffler. Let the truth be known: Bush has not kept one promise from his first campaign--not one, other than cutting taxes.

He has not been the 'education president' he promised

He has gone backward on the environment, not forward

He has created a deficit from a surplus. The tax cuts favor the wealthy, not the every day Joe of the middle class

Medical care has gone up in double digit rates each year, instead of costs being contained

He has become an interventionalist in foreign affairs after promising the opposite, and most of the world leadership despises him. In fact, he has reversed 50 years of US policy with his first strike military program

He abandoned going after the real terrorists, Al Queda, hyping the public and the rest of the world with bullshit that Saddam Hussein was going to strike with WMDS--all bullshit

He has governed by the polls, when he promised the opposite--in fact, the Bush White House has doubled their media personnel and have created the most secretive White House in History, and an administration which spins lie after lie

Our civil liberties have been abridged

So what is it that you Bush fans like about this guy? I'd really like to know...

So what is it that you Bush fans like about this guy? I'd really like to know...

:lol:

For one thing.....he ain't a girlie man waffler!

:rofl:

Chill out Dude! You and Koop are gettin' too uptight! All that stress is not healthy. If you croak prematurely......I will feel bad and Kerry will lose a vote. Tell you what. You come down to the range, I'll loan you some firepower, paint a target to look like Bush and you can have some fun. :lol:

Just don't pay attention to the hundreds of Kerry targets scattered around and shot all to Hell. :)

:lol:

For one thing.....he ain't a girlie man waffler!

:rofl:

Chill out Dude! You and Koop are gettin' too uptight! All that stress is not healthy. If you croak prematurely......I will feel bad and Kerry will lose a vote. Tell you what. You come down to the range, I'll loan you some firepower, paint a target to look like Bush and you can have some fun. :lol:

Just don't pay attention to the hundreds of Kerry targets scattered around and shot all to Hell. :)

It's hard to lighten up when peoples lives and our liberty is at stake so I understand the intense feeling that are involved in this election....how about an honest answer there Red... do you have any sincere response Dude's list... I'd be interested to see your counter arguments... a direct response to each issue would be nice.

how about an honest answer there Red... do you have any sincere response Dude's list... I'd be interested to see your counter arguments... a direct response to each issue would be nice.

Joeyz, it ain't gonna happen. I make brief comments about political issues but refuse to get into a long debate for the following reasons.

1. Everybody has their mind made up and I ain't gonna change it.

2. I have my mind made up and they ain't gonna change it.

3. Everybody has read the same articles, opinions, editorials and watched the same news broadcasts as I have so there is no point.

4. I don't save/bookmark anything so when I try to make a point with facts or figures from memory and someone wants to see the article/link I can't produce it so I have no credibility.

5. Arguing politics and religion will never make you any friends, only enemies. I will state my view but avoid debating either. I will, however, sometimes argue guns and that is just as futile which makes me foolish.

Politics is a dirty business and there is enough trash, lies, misrepresentations on both sides to go around. Here is an article I just read. It is brief and seems to be fair.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...erry_fact_check

I wish you well as I know you live in Georgia (can't remember exactly where) and Georgia is being "Ivanized" today. Be safe, good luck, and exercise your right to vote for the dirty rotten liar of your choice. You have 2 to choose from.

4. I don't save/bookmark anything so when I try to make a point with facts or figures from memory and someone wants to see the article/link I can't produce it so I have no credibility.

:good job: Your qualifications mean that there's an hour long nightly news show waiting for you on the Fox network....say hi to old Bill for me!

:good job: Your qualifications mean that there's an hour long nightly news show waiting for you on the Fox network....say hi to old Bill for me!

Bill who?? :psychofun: I never watch fox. I suppose he is a Bush supporter?? I know you believe everything a Kerry supporter says. :lol:

j/k I know you are very well read/informed. We disagree on things but what the heck.

Joeyz, if I see an article/editorial that I think has any semblance of truth that I think you may have missed (such as voting record on issues or quotes from speeches) I may post them. In this election especially, the truth is hard to find. I will not post misstatements such as feces instead of fetus as I saw posted here the other day. I find those articles entertaining, enjoy reading them, but not very informative. I know someone else will post them anyway. I will concede that Bush is the worst speaker ever. A few years ago his dad even gave a speech where he talked about Pearl Harbor attack being Sept 7, 1941. Then he repeated it for emphasis. I guess it runs in the family. Prolly the inbreeding. :lol:

Regardless of who does one support in an election, getting fired in country that preaches freedom speech to other less politically tolerant countries sucks. <_>

Sure Kerry used the situation to his advantage ( I would too), but the initial situation was created the employer who apparently favors Bush.

I agree Wolfie but did you notice where they contacted the employer for his side of the story? It was a one sided story. They made no attempt to talk to the employer. I don't blame Kerry for hiring her. It makes him look good, Bush & Bush supporters look bad and generates free publicity. I suspect that is what the woman had in mind when she wrote the article and made no mention of trying to contact the employer for his side of the story. As told the story makes the employer look like a jerk and he may be. I hear rumors that I am not the only jerk in the U.S. so it is possible that he is one also. However, beware of articles written by people with an agenda such as Swift Boat Veterans, MoveOn.org, Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh and the list goes on. The lady that wrote that article may be on that list as well. That is not to say everything they say is lie. You will sometimes find truth amongst the garbage but it makes it difficult to determine what is truth.

What Is Truth - Johnny Cash circa 1969? tune with a message....anyhow.......

When I worked at Boeing, they had a policy of no political bumper stickers on cars parked on their property. Boeing gets govt contracts and has visitors of both partys for tours of the property and did not want to appear to favor one party over the other. The policy didn't affect me since I have a policy of NO bumper stickers on my vehicles.

funny thing is that the American people believe that their country is the best example of free speech and generally the best example of a free country. Just because your presidents say that they try to spread freedom to other countries it doesn't mean that that's correct. You should first see how other countries are first and then make a judgment.

In Greece, if an employer told an employee what to stick on his car and what not then the employers face would be on the front of every newpaper the very next morning.

America is not the only free country 4sure Method. In fact you are never totally free anywhere. Freedom is relative I guess and some places are more free about some things than others and vise-versa.

Kris Kristofferson description in the tune "Me & Bobby McGee" made popular by Janis Joplin, "Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose."

Looks to me like only dead people are free. :lol: