Spike Lee And Big K.R.I.T. Linking Up For 'Praying Man' Video

NelsonG

Big K.R.I.T. will tell you that one of the most meaningful songs on his Def Jam debut Live From The Underground is the B.B. King-featured "Praying Man," which tells the story of three slaves. With the weight of the track considered, he didn't want just anybody to direct the accompanying video, so when he appeared on "RapFix Live" this past Wednesday, he began a campaign to get Spike Lee behind the camera--and it seems like he's succeeded.

K.R.I.T. originally put in a pitch to the revered director on Twitter a few weeks ago, but there was no response from Spike, so this week Sway gave the Mississippi rapper/producer a chance to make an official on-camera pitch (and then RapFix and MTV News did our best to help him get the hashtag "#SpikeLee4PrayingMan" trending).

"Spike: Where you at, man?" K.R.I.T. asked on camera. "Spike, I know you're going to the games and I know you're focused on the playoffs and the Knicks. Please do this video. It's featuring B.B. King. It's not a sample; he really sung on the record, I really was in the studio with him. Please do this visual."

After a few hours of retweets from fans, Spike got the message and responded on Twitter, writing, "Callin' Big Krit,Callin' Big Krit,This Is Spike Lee.Tomorrow Please Call Da 40 Acres And A Mule Office In Brooklyn,NY.Ask For Jason Lampkin." K.R.I.T. is putting in that phone call today, and we hope all goes well. Stay tuned for more details.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/04/26/spike-lee-and-big-k-r-i-t-linking-up-for-praying-man-video/]View the full article[/url]