Trina's Bother Wilbrent 'Gonk' Bain Murdered In Miami

NelsonG

View more videos at: http://nbcmiami.com.

By Maurice Bobb

Gunfire has taken another life in Miami, but this time, the tragedy hit too close to home for the city’s most popular female rapper, Trina. Wilbrent “Gonk” Bain, Trina’s brother, was gunned down Tuesday (April 23) morning after an altercation with a friend went to the point of no return.

Miami-Dade County Police reported that Bain was getting off his bicycle at Northwest 91st Street and 24th Avenue at about 9:35 a.m. when longtime friend Ron Dobson, who lived around the corner from Bain, pulled a gun from his waistband and began shooting. Bain, who was unarmed, was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to the Miami Herald, Dobson has been arrested and has confessed to the shooting. The 27-year old was charged with second-degree murder and is being held without bond.

"Now, I'm hurt because this man is gone for no reason at all," neighbor Demetrius Hammond told NBC Miami. "He was a close friend to me." "He's a very good kid," family friend the Rev. Gary Johnson said of Bain. "It's unfortunate. It's a terrible tragedy."

According to public records, Bain survived a shooting back in 2008 and had a record of drugs, burglary, domestic violence involving strangulation and gun possession. Mutual friends of Bain and Dobson think the shooting was the result of an ongoing fight between the two that got out of hand one fatal morning.

"It hit me hard because I just talked to him," said another neighbor named Trimel. "This killing has to stop. It has to. All of us grew up together and that's just senseless."

At press time, the Diamonds Are Forever femcee hasn’t released an official statement regarding the passing of her brother, but according to AllHipHop.com, Trina’s management issued the following statement via her MySpace page:

“I have some very sad news to post. Over the weekend, Trina’s little brother was shot in Miami, FL. Wilbrent Bain Jr. is also known to friends as Goonkie and is 19 years old. He is currently in critical condition at a local Miami, FL hospital. Please keep him in your prayers and send your blessings to Trina and her family! Feel free to post comments as I will be forwarding them to Trina herself.”

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/04/24/trinas-bother-wilbrent-gonk-bain-murdered-in-miami/]View the full article[/url]