Gucci Mane Might Need An Intervention, Nicki Minaj Says

NelsonG

2010 VH1 Hip Hop Honors - Show

By Maurice Bobb

For whatever reason, Gucci Mane can’t seem to stay out of the penal system. But despite all of his legal troubles, he’s still one of the most hardworking rappers in the game. And, according to Nicki Minaj, Radric Davis, the man behind the embattled "artist" that fans detractors have come to know via breaking news, is a completely different person.

“So, it’s like I separate Gucci the artist from Gucci the person. Gucci the person is a sweet, loving, carefree, funny, hardworking dude,” Nicki said in a recent interview with Atlanta’s Hot 107.9 via HHDX. “And so I never really paid attention to anything he said.”

The Queen of the Barbz went on to talk about the artist formerly known as Guwop’s recent troubles and how even though she hadn’t spoken to the Brick Squad leader in quite some time, that she would always support him, even if that meant signing off on an intervention.

Gucci Mane Really Said 'Bitch I Might Be' To A Judge?

“In terms of intervention, I think about how talented he is and I kind of wish there was somebody that could step in and say ‘Gucci, if you only knew how special you were. You would take a moment to really just get centered,’” Nicki said. “I just think he really needs to center himself and not to point fingers because I’ve had moments when I needed to center myself. Sometimes you just need to be alone in a meditating type of place and to just kinda block out all the other noise.”

The Pink Friday MC also praised the "Spring Breakers” thespian for his part in revolutionizing the underground mixtape game. “I think that if he can get to that place he’ll be great because nobody can ever deny the fact that he kind of revolutionized a lot of things in the underground mixtape world,” Nicki said. “He also spawned a lot of careers…He motivated me a lot. I loved being around him, he’s a hustler. And so, no matter what I will always respect Gucci.”

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/04/23/gucci-mane-might-need-an-intervention-nicki-minaj-says/]View the full article[/url]