Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' 'Can't Hold Us' MTV Movie Awards Performance: Fans React

NelsonG

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis took a break from the "Thrift Shop" on Sunday night (April 14) to perform their latest single "Can't Hold Us" at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards. According to Macklemore's tweets, it seemed like one of his highlights from the show involved a memorable actor encounter ("I think Adam Sandler slapped my ass before I went on though")  but he clearly had a good time in general, tweeting, "This is an incredible and very surreal experience. Never thought I would be here. #sharkfacegang #MovieAwards." See what fans had to say about their performance after the jump.

@AmandaLaski How long until Macklemore's performance at the MTV (music? movie?) Awards goes online and I can watch it? Need some spank bank material.

@Im___White Macklemore killed it #mtvmovieawards

@_payyy Macklemore is way too live for me #loveyou????

@FranzenLeeMacklemore live >>>>

@MiBailee @macklemore you were rocking it on MTV movie awards great rapper

@dashhenry Macklemore is my new favorite artist. He is different from all the other rappers #otherside. Look it up

@Jelly_belly23 Movie awards were good :p congrats to all the celebs, loved Selena

@magteeter I don't care what anyone says. Macklemore deserved every bit of this fame! He has real talent and real lyrics! #INDEPENDENT

@MarkyATX I have so much respect for @macklemore!!!! His music is perfection and he deserves the best to come!

@AmberPatri Seeing @macklemore perform at the MTV awards gets me excited to see him at the Minnesota state fair with @ashpatri20 and @HeatherBeasleyy

@CMeNasty Cats be sleeping on Macklemore....that dude is talented!

@cmo_55 Starting to obsess over @macklemore more and more every day????????

@yasminmendoza74 @macklemore your performance was incredible

@kawwceee Macklemore looks beautiful at the MTV awards. @macklemore

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/04/15/macklemore-ryan-lewis-cant-hold-us-mtv-movie-awards-performance-fans-react/]View the full article[/url]