Wiz Khalifa Releasing New Album This Year, But It Won't Feature 'The Bash'

NelsonG

BET Hip Hop Awards 2012 - Audience and Show

By Maurice Bobb

The year 2013 is proving to be an incredible one for Wiz Khalifa. The Pittsburgh spitter started the year off by becoming a father when fiancé Amber Rose gave birth to their son, Sebastian "The Bash" Taylor Thomaz, then followed that with the news that he added Converse to his stable of endorsers and now, in the spirit of new beginnings brought on by the joys of fatherhood, Wiz is working on a new album.

“I actually haven’t told anyone that I was working on a album yet,” Wiz said in an interview with Big Boy’s Neighborhood. “Yeah, I’m working on another album. I’m planning on dropping it this year. I wasn’t going to, but I got like so much motivation, I’ve been having so fun having my son. I feel like it will be a great time to just put out a really dope, relevant project and kill it again.”

While the Taylor Gang boss has been at work on the follow up to his sophomore LP, ONIFC, which charted at the No. 2 spot on the Billboard 200 during its first week after moving 141,400 copies, he's keeping his fans satiated with video appearances and features, including an upcoming collaboration with Pharrell Williams and Kelly Rowland for her upcoming fourth solo album, Talk A Good Game.

“I’m doing a lot of features, a lot of videos, I’m a just be everywhere this year,” Wiz said. “I’m a be doing everything.”

Apparently, though, “everything” doesn’t include putting his newborn son's voice on a track like Jay-Z did with Blue Ivy on “Glory.”

“I don’t wanna put Bash on a song,” Wiz said. “I don’t wanna give people the option to like it or not like it because I’ve heard some stuff where people put their kids on stuff and people be like ‘ehhh.’ So I don’t want it to happen to my son where they’re listening to it, they’re like, ‘Ohhh, nice, Bash is on it’ (laughs).”

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/04/11/wiz-khalifa-releasing-new-album-this-year-but-it-wont-feature-the-bash/]View the full article[/url]