Keyshia Cole's Anti-Beyonce Tweets Cause Rift With The-Dream

NelsonG

thedream

By Chelsey Wilkins

It’s no surprise that Keyshia Cole is still receiving backlash after throwing shade towards Beyoncé a few weeks ago. When it comes to defending their queen, there is no stopping the BeyHive once they start buzzing. Apparently, an industry heavy weight is also giving Cole the cold shoulder after her remarks. Earlier this week, things took an unexpected turn when The-Dream admitted he no longer plans to work with the “Trust and Believe” singer.

Last month, Keyshia Cole was under fire for her comments regarding Queen Bey’s latest single, “Bow Down." In her tweets she questioned how Bey could advocate female unity while releasing a song with the lyrics, “bow down bitches." She tweeted, “First "Women need to Stick together" now bitches better Bow. Smh. But it's all G! Chicks stay shooting the sh--. But when I speak my mind its a prob. #Well #StayMad”

It looks like her comments were a ‘prob’ for The-Dream. In a recent radio interview with Power 105.1’s “The Breakfast Club," The- Dream was asked his thoughts on Keyshia’s tweets. He revealed that he would not be able to work with Keyshia Cole in the future because of her candid opinions towards his friend, Beyoncé.

It’s no secret that The-Dream has a tight knit relationship with the Knowles-Carter family. Earlier this year he took home a Grammy for his work on Jay-Z and Kanye West’s Watch the Throne. He is also working with Beyoncé on her upcoming studio album. Not to mention, his business with Beyoncé probably resulted in more money in the bank (ahem, he wrote “Single Ladies”) than any other artist he’s worked with.

The-Dream later clarified his decision to stay clear of Keyshia by tweeting, “Really sooo no one is loyal to anything. People can't just say things about anyone and expect for their friends to be absent. I have nothin But Love for [Keyshia]… I think anyone who is commenting on where I stand should check ure friends, or Be checked by their friends. Cause I only know one Code”

We get it. Any good relationship is built on loyalty, but is could The-Dream have simply disapproved of Keyshia’s remarks and kept it moving, or did he need to deny Keyshia to prove he’s down for Beyoncé? Would Beyoncé do the same for him?

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/04/04/keyshia-coles-anti-beyonce-tweets-causes-rift-with-the-dream/]View the full article[/url]