Jay-Z Launches Roc Nation Sports By Signing Yankee Robinson Cano

NelsonG

jay1

By Sowmya Krishnamurthy

Jay-Z is reintroducing himself...as a sports agent. In the newest branch of his ever-growing empire, Jay-Z has started Roc Nation Sports and is signing New York Yankees player Robinson Cano as his first client.

ESPN reports Roc Nation is partnering with talent agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA).

"Because of my love of sports, it was a natural progression to form a company where we can help top athletes in various sports the same way we have been helping artists in the music industry for years," Jay-Z said in a statement.

Cano added, "At this point in my career, I am ready to take a more active role in my endeavors on and off the field. I am confident that the pairing of Roc Nation Sports and CAA Sports will be essential in helping me accomplish my short- and long-term goals. I am making this important decision now so I can keep my focus on helping the Yankees succeed in 2013, while minimizing any distractions for me and my teammates."

Sources tell ESPN that Jigga is planning to be a certified agent, first in baseball and eventually in basketball and football. In order to represent clients in basketball, he would have to give up his minority share of the Brooklyn Nets, which apparently he's open to doing.

The dynasty can't be stopped and word is that Jay has a big football star ready to sign on the dotted line. More details likely coming soon.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2013/04/03/jay-z-launches-roc-nation-sports-by-signs-yankee-robinson-cano/]View the full article[/url]