Hoobastank Readies New 'Reason'

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

Hoobastank's sophomore Island album, "The Reason," will arrive Dec. 9, a week later than originally anticipated. First single "Out of Control" is No. 17 this week on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks chart and No. 24 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks tally. A Wayne Isham-directed video for the track can be viewed on the band's official Web site.

The 12-track set closes with "Disappear," which frontman Doug Robb described to Billboard.com as "really mellow. The chorus and the harmonies almost sound country, and have this almost country feel to it. Some people may go, 'I don't know what you're talking about,' but for some reason it feels like our version of a country song."

Fans who pre-order the new album at shows on the band's current tour with Andrew W.K. will have the opportunity to meet Hoobastank each night. The trek, which also features Die Trying, hits Montevello, Ala., tonight (Nov. 7) and runs Dec. 3 in Clifton Park, N.Y.

"The Reason" is the follow-up to Hoobastank's self-titled 2001 debut, which spawned the singles "Running Away" and "Crawling in the Dark," both top-3 hits on the Modern Rock Tracks chart and top-10 entries on the Mainstream Rock Tracks tally. The album peaked at No. 25 on The Billboard 200 and has sold more than 1 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Here is the track list for "The Reason":

"Same Direction"

"Out of Control"

"What Happened to Us?"

"Escape"

"Just One"

"Lucky"

"From the Heart"

"The Reason"

"Let It Out"

"Unaffected"

"Never There"

"Disappear"

• 4 months later...

Simply put, this is an incredible album. If I had money, I'd buy it because I like Hoobastank, but since I don't ... I had to download it n burn it. :D

What did you hear? "The Reason" or something else? If you hear all the tracks, (and you put both albums on one cd by cross-fading the tracks 5 seconds) you'll see that they still maintained the same sound but added some more personal tracks on the new cd.