Danny VS Glen

musicianfight.jpgDANZIG frontman Glenn Danzig allegedly got into a scuffle with NORTH SIDE KINGS singer and frequent SOULFLY collaborator Danny Marianinho following DANZIG's performance in Tuba City, Arizona Saturday night (July 3). The following is Marianinho's official statement regarding the incident, as sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=24386

Video here:

http://www.azpunk.com/

Edited by Shawn

In a fit of rage he turned around and slammed me into the wall yelling 'Fuck you, motherfucker,' trying to be a big, tough guy in front of his fans. I, in self-defense, punched him in the face, knocking him out as he was attacking me again. He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he got knocked to the floor so quickly.

Yep, that's what I saw too.

I'm at about 10% of my .zip download. I'll let you guys know later (maybe tomorrow) what I think.

Being an avid Danzig fan, I almost immediately took his side. I will do my best to be indifferent on this. I always assumed Danzig to be an intelligent individual...at least since he left Misfits. I know some built-up guys can have egos so who knows. Maybe the NSK singer beat him to the press.

But for now...

NSK Guy--> :wacko: :taskmaster:

I just spent probably too long reading all of the replies of that thread posted.

Seriously, Danzig's fans live in an ocean of denial. They're attacking this guy on the pettiest of grounds while he does nothing more than reiterate that a fight wasn't what he wanted. Sadly, a great number of the posts suggest Metal fans aren't very bright.

"lool uyou got ass creemed"

"it all liez, you fatty fat fat"

Me as a minority being an honest metalhead: Danzig got beat fair and square.

Me as a majority, canadian-hating, Danzig fukkin rulz metalhead: Wunt ta fite, Shawnn? Whie u makin fun off me?

Me as a neutral party: It would appear he had it coming but was that truly Danzig? I didn't see his face although it seemed to be him due to the build, hair, stance and tattoos. That one girl in white had nice knockers.

Seriously though...He had it coming. Messed with someone either stronger, smarter, more strategic, whatever. I cannot cover for the man whose music I enjoy. Will this change anything for me? No. I will still listen to his music and not begrudge his future releases based on this incident.

Will this change anything for him? I hope so. Perhaps he's never been "bested" before. His size will only protect him for so long. May he learn from his mistake, be a man about it, brush himself off and move on.

I am grateful I didn't read all the metalhead posts. I kinda cringe at the stereotype metalheads have. It almost takes us down to other genre's that are more deserving. I'll leave that at that.

:psychofun:

It would appear he had it coming but was that truly Danzig? I didn't see his face although it seemed to be him due to the build, hair, stance and tattoos.

Thats what I noticed too, you never actually see Danzig. Plus a friend of NorthSide Kings conviently had a camera with him durring the conversation? For all we know this was completely set up as a publicity stunt for NSK.

I've neen arguring with people about this since it came out. Some people seem to think that just because it was Glen fucking Danzig, that it should be okay for him to be a dink to other bands.

I repeat, Danzig had it coming.