Rihanna's Unapologetic Album Debuts: Fans Give Early Reviews

NelsonG

By Maurice Bobb

For Rihanna, it’s all about the lucky number seven.  With Unapologetic, her seventh studio album in just seven years out today, the international pop sensation delivers 15 infectious songs that channel her provocative and candid persona.  Rih Rih has already scored a No. 1 hit single with “Diamonds,” but the most talked about song on the LP is “Nobody’s Business,” a duet with ex Chris Brown, who pled guilty to assaulting her just three years ago.

Backlash for the song has been cascading in with the force of a tidal wave since it leaked, but the Barbados-born chanteuse, who has one of the most deep connections with her rabid fans, put up her middle finger to critics who panned the track because of Brown’s involvement.  The Electronic Dance Music inspired track finds Breezy passionately proclaiming, “You'll always be my baby. Tell me what you want now,” while Rihanna defiantly claims that “it ain’t nobody’s business but mine and my baby.”

Other standout tracks on the highly-anticipated release include Future on "Loveeeeeee Song," Mikky Ekko on "Stay" and Eminem on "Numb."

Early Monday morning, Rihanna took to Twitter to let all of her fans in the U.S. know that it’s their turn to join in on the fun, tweeting: “All my fans in the US, it's your turn...UNApologetic is available now!”  Hours later, she thanked her fans for their overwhelming support of the album, “Happy WORLDWIDE #UNAPOLOGETIC DAY!!! Thank everybody around the world who's supporting this album. I couldn't be more ecstatic about this.”

Judging by the album's No. 1 ranking on iTunes, fans are already putting their money where their mouth is when it comes to Unapologetic.  But for real-time reviews from the Rihanna Navy, there’s no better place than the immediacy of social media.

One fan, @GagasApostle, tweeted: “@rihanna I LOVE #UNAPOLOGETIC SO MUCH! GREAT JOB!”  while another, @StefanSaxon, wrote, “@rihanna thank you!!! For this amazing album!”

An obvious Beyonce acolyte, @hausofbeyhive, responded with “@rihanna you deserve this!! You did an amazing job!! Congrats :) #UNAPOLOGETIC,” while @TommyCalderone was more specific with his praise, tweeting, “@rihanna MY FAVOURITE SONG ON UNAPOLOGETIC IS LOVE WITHOUT TRAGEDY - MOTHER MARY. I'M SLAYEEEEED. FOLLOW ME RIH BBY <3.”

Tiffany (@T_Music_Girl) made it her duty to support the album, “@rihanna Oh no Rihanna Thank you for everything! It's our duty to support you and all that you do..We love you so much! ???” and @FentyNavySalute offered salutations, “@rihanna let the church say AMEN!????”  Stefan (@StefanSaxon), in light of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, just gave thanks for another solid opus, “@rihanna thank you!!! For this amazing album!”

As Rihanna wraps her globe-trotting 777 tour, it’s evident that the Def Jam pop princess can relax and relish in the notion that no matter what happens, from mutiny on her plane from the press corps of about 150 to not-so-stellar reviews from critics, her fans are loving her latest album and flocking in droves to the nearest record store to pick it up.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/11/19/rihannas-unapologetic-album-debuts-fans-give-early-reviews/]View the full article[/url]