Bun B Creating Rap Coloring Book for Children

NelsonG

“We picked rap because we know rappers,” Bun says, of choosing rappers for the coloring book.
By Maurice Bobb

Countless rappers claim that they love the kids, but Southern rap legend Bun B is taking things one step further: he’s creating a coloring book for children. “We picked rap because we know rappers,” Bun told RapFix, on why the coloring book features rappers instead of animals on a farm, or make believe characters. "Shea Serrano had a great idea. I tried not to mess it up. I think we got something special here.”

The UGK representer recently started a new Tumblr, Bun B's Jumbo Coloring And Rap Activity Tumblr, ahead of the upcoming coloring book for children, Bun B's Jumbo Coloring And Rap Activity Book. The book, written and illustrated by veteran music writer Shea Serrano, is curated by Professor Trill and will feature a collection of rap-related coloring and activity pages.

"I was beyond excited when Bun B asked if I'd like to work with him,” Serrano told RapFix. “He's one of the greats. Plus, he has a great sense of humor, which I thought was very cool. I mean, we're talking about the guy that wrote maybe the greatest verse in all of southern rap's history ("Murder," from 1996's Ridin' Dirty), so it can be pretty intimidating. But he's been great and very supportive of the ideas I've sent him. I'm just glad people seem to like it."

Kids will be able to color a vast array of MC’s such as newcomers Danny Brown and Kendrick Lamar. For those that can’t wait for the book, the Tumblr allows for a sneak peek with downloadable pages that include Dr. Dre’s iconic album, The Chronic, and Tyga dressed as a pirate, with an accompanying puzzle to solve.

The Tumblr has an interactive component as well, which allows kids, or grownups who appreciate coloring, too, to color their favorite rappers and upload the results for possible publication on the site.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/10/21/bun-b-rap-coloring-book-children/]View the full article[/url]