Pusha T's 'New God Flow' Lyrics Were In Response To Birdman

NelsonG

Pusha T is no longer pretending that things are all good between him and Drake, but the G.O.O.D. Music rapper is certainly enlightening fans with news that he penned "New God Flow" after reading comments that Birdman made in an interview.

In an interview with Hip-Hop Wired, Pusha maintains that he (and even his girl) thought that Lil Wayne's "Ghoulish" dis track was so bad that he didn't bother to respond, and then he fills in some other details.

Pusha admits that while Kanye might be oblivious to shots throw by Drake, he doesn't deal with the jabs as well. "Some people are at a level in their career... like, 'Ye is at a level in his career where he shouldn't even respond," he explained. "Like, he shouldn't even hear a shot. I don't know if he hear shots or he even pays attention to it. I'm petty."

"Like I said, I have no issue with them, man," he added, initially referring to Drake and Lil Wayne. "I just refuse to be talked about. I will not be disrespected and anyone I stand next to won't be disrespected. I know the good intentions of my crew. They ain't nothing like me. They ain't like that they really just about their music. I take things a certain way. I take interviews in magazines personal and s--t, when you say, 'G.O.O.D Music ain't nothing.' Like, I take s--t like that sensitive."

"That's how I made 'New God Flow' that's what that s--- is about," he said, going on to explain that it was actually words from Birdman that inspired his portion of the Cruel Summer track. " 'New God Flow' was about, in my view, something I read in a Birdman interview that I didn't like. He said something like 'G.O.O.D. Music isn't nothing,' and it had nothing to do with Wayne or Drake per se. That was Birdman saying whatever he wanted to say and that was the basis of where all of my lines came from. Everybody else was on their love of hip-hop s--t."

Is it surprising that Pusha's lyrics on "New God Flow" are aimed at the YMCMB camp?

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/10/16/pusha-t-new-god-flow-in-response-to-birdman/]View the full article[/url]