French Montana Choosing Between M.I.A., Lana Del Rey For Next Single

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

French Montana apparently has a way with the girlies. Most MCs would be lucky to have one leading lady on their debut album, seems like French has his choice of three. When we caught up with the Bad Boy rapper on the red carpet for the 2012 VMAs earlier this month, French told MTV News that he was preparing to release a new single with Nicki Minaj, but apparently that's not all the Shot Caller has in store.

"The single with Nicki and then I got something with M.I.A., so it's like I'm picking and choosing," French said before revealing a collaboration with yet another one of music's leading ladies. "Then I got something with...Lana Del Rey."

MTV News caught up with Montana on Saturday, right before he took the stage as a part of the Heineken Red Star Access Tour. According to French's estimation, he is about 95 percent finished with his debut albumExcuse My French, which will not only feature some big-time ladies, but his buddies Max B, Wiz Khalifa, Rick Ross and Diddy as well.

Montana is so confident in his album that he is looking to release it in the fourth quarter — the end-of-the-year period when all of music's big dogs traditionally drop their LPs.

"Nobody expects me to come out and have a #1 record, so nobody gonna expect me to come out and have a #1 album 'cause the music just smacks you in the face," French said of his lofty chart goals. "The more you doubt, the more I smack you harder. It's just the unexpected, the underdog."

Though the end-of-the-year release schedule is still rounding out, French is sure that when all is said and done, he will be standing toe-to-toe with rap's elite. "[I want to] drop in the middle when Wayne drop and you're like the rookie of the year," he said with an MC's confidence.

Who do you think French Montana would sound best with: Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. or Lana Del Rey? Let us know in the comments!

Catch Missy Elliott, French Montana and the Coke Boys on Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET on "RapFix Live," on RapFix.MTV.com, and be sure to join the Twitter conversation using the hashtag #RapFixLive. Send your questions for the artists @MTVRapFix!

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/09/18/french-montana-choosing-mia-lana-del-rey-single/]View the full article[/url]