French Montana Grabs Nicki Minaj For Latest Club Anthem

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

French Montana is prepping his debut album Excuse My French and his next single will feature none other than Ms. Nicki Minaj.

"I got my new single coming out with Nicki Minaj, I got my album coming out in December, I got a couple of surprises under my sleeve," French told MTV News last Thursday when he walked the red carpet for the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.

It may be hard for fans to imagine what the first collaboration between the YMCMB queen and Frenchie may sound like, and Montana doesn't give many clues. But he does promise to deliver something folks can party to. "It's just something for the clubs; you know especially for New York, I feel like it's big," he said.

As far as the track's video, Montana hopes Ms. Minaj saves him a dance similar to the one she shared with 2 Chainz in their "Beez in the Trap" video. "Of course, big time, I'm gonna bust it open. Show me what you're working with," French said, singing the lyrics to his latest single "Pop That."

Things aren't all good for the emerging rap star, though. On September 7, the Bronx, New York MC revealed to the Boombox that he and his wife of five years are going through a divorce. "You around so many beautiful women, that's a conflict too," he told the site. "It's just about finding somebody that understand the game, what you're into. But then on the flip side of the coin, you gotta understand their game, what they into ... There's a flip side to everything.

"You can't expect to make all this money and not go through problems. You can't expect God to give you everything you want without taking something away."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/09/12/french-montana-grabs-nicki-minaj-for-latest-club-anthem/]View the full article[/url]