Jay-Z Wants Blue Ivy To Be Moral And Respectful

NelsonG

By Jocelyn Vena

Jay-Z is well aware that his daughter Blue Ivy will have a much different childhood than he did, and he likes it that way.

Hov may have grown up on the mean streets of Brooklyn, where he had to harden up pretty quickly and learn to survive, but he doesn't see the same future for his baby girl, Blue Ivy. Since her birth at the top of 2012, she's already donned couture most adults swoon over and hung out with the likes of celebrity A-listers — including her superstar parents.

On top of that, she's already a world traveler (she was just in the South of France with her parents for her mom, Beyonce's, birthday) and Jay notes in an interview with The New York Times Style Magazine that he wonders what her privileged life will teach her about the hard-knock one lurking just outside of it.

"I actually thought about that more before she was born. Once she got here I've been in shock until maybe last week?" he said of his baby girl, before recalling his own tough childhood and how Blue Ivy's won't be anything like it.

"We would fight each other. My brother would beat me up," he says in the interview about his youth spent in the projects. "I was going to have to fight, I was going to have to go through some things, and they were preparing me."

But Ivy "doesn't have to be tough. She has to love herself, she has to know who she is, she has to be respectful and be a moral person," he added.

As for the status of the Carter-Knowles family, Jay simply had this update, "Oh, my family's amazing."

Earlier this year, Hova opened up about the effect fatherhood has had on his music in an interview with MTV News, sharing that since Blue's birth, the songs aren't flowing out of him the way he thought they would.

"I thought that I would after my daughter was born. I thought I would be more inspired with all the new feelings and everything that I'd have to write about, but it really happened the other way," he shared back in May. "I just really wanna hang out with her. I just wanna enjoy those moments for a bit and I'm sure that feeling of music will come back to me."

Though, baby Blue has inspired one track for sure, the deeply personal "Glory," on which she also makes a cameo. "My music has always been like that, if you listen to 'Glory' and you listen to 'Regrets,' which was on my first album, side by side, it's exploring the same sort of emotions," he insists. "It's just one deals with my mom, one deals with my daughter."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/09/08/jay-z-blue-ivy-will-be-respectful/]View the full article[/url]