Lil Wayne Added To 2012 VMA Performance Lineup

NelsonG

By Rob Markman

After last year’s show closing performance, how could we not have Lil Wayne back at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards? On Tuesday (September 4) it was announced that Weezy will be taking the stage at the big show, which will be broadcast Thursday at 8 p.m.ET/PT live from Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Rihanna Drops ‘Cockiness’ Remix, Recruits A$AP Rocky For 2012 VMA Performance

During the 2011 VMAs Tunechi rocked the house with “John” and “How to Love” and immediately after the show he released his Tha Carter IV LP digitally on iTunes.

This year Wayne has another ground breaking performance loaded in the chamber. For the first time ever the Young Money boss will perform “No Worries,” a stand-out track from his Dedication 4 mixtape which he dropped for free on Monday (September 3). The song’s catchy hook and thumping beat is a stark reminder of Wayne's hit-making abilities, even if the subject matter is a bit adult as he spits some more of his sexual exploits.

"The reason why I'm recording mixtapes is because I've grown a whole fanbase that just loves Wayne mixtapes," Weezy told Mixtape Daily about Dedication 4. "Me being the generous dude I am, I have to cater to those people, so that's why I do the mixtapes now."

Wayne isn’t the only rap draw added to the VMA lineup today. His YMCMB protégé Nicki Minaj is also gracing the stage, as well as Weezy’s buddy 2 Chainz and Harlem New York’s rap rookie A$AP Rocky, who will join Rihanna for a special performance.

You’re not going to want to miss this.

The 2012 MTV Video Music Awards are set to go live from Staples Center in Los Angeles on Thursday at 8 p.m. ET/PT. But before it all goes down, don't miss our "Jersey Shore" special "Gym, Tan, Look Back" at 6 p.m. and our pre-show with Demi Lovato at 7 p.m.! And head over to VMA.MTV.com to vote on Best New Artist and Most Share-Worthy Video!

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/09/04/lil-wayne-performing-2012-vma/]View the full article[/url]