Robert Pattinson Isn't Concerned About Losing His British Accent

NelsonG

Just because [url="http://www.mtv.com/movies/person/365131/personmain.jhtml"]Robert Pattinson[/url] has been playing an American dreamboat for the past four years doesn't mean he's any less of an Englishman at heart.

[img]http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:826716?width=512&height=320[/img] [ video unavailable on this device ]

Ever since he broke onto the scene in "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," Rob has primarily been starring as an American in films. Between "The Twilight Saga," "Remember Me," "Water for Elephants" and now "Cosmopolis," one concerned fan was apparently worried RPattz might be losing his sexy British accent. We put the question to the man better known as Edward Cullen during "MTV First: Robert Pattinson," and he admitted that sometimes he does slip into American when he's in the United States.

"I remember when I first came to America I couldn't drive, so I was taking taxis everywhere and I got into this habit of speaking in an American accent just because people genuinely couldn't understand you," he explained. "The amount of times people would ask me what my name was, I'd be like, 'Rob,' and they'd be like, 'What are you saying? Your name is Rope?' I was like, 'How are you hearing Rope?'"

It turns out that Rob's American accent is still a work in process. He said that the one word that trips him up more than any other is "been." Sometimes he says it the English way, pronounced like "bean," while we Americans have it sound like "bin." "Occasionally I kind of say that in movies," Rob said. "It's kind of weird."

But there's no need to be concerned. At the end of the day, Rob is still very much a Brit, and he doesn’t plan on that changing any time soon.

"I guess I don't spend that much time in England. But I hope I'm not [losing my accent]. I don't have the concern," he said, adding that he's not planning to adjust his accent depending on his location like some other celebrities have. "People don't judge people who move to America on that. Even English people don't. Well, actually they do. Everyone thinks it's crazy, going the other way."

[i]Are you glad RPattz is keeping his British accent? Tell us in the comments section below or on [url="http://twitter.com/hollywoodcrush"]Twitter[/url]![/i]

[url=http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/08/21/robert-pattinson-british-accent/]View the full article[/url]