Robert Pattinson Lines Up Interesting Future Projects

NelsonG

David Cronenberg's latest film, "Cosmopolis," is certainly a departure for Robert Pattinson, and the actor plans to continue that trend with his next few project, which include "The Rover" from "Animal Kingdom" director David Michôd, a modern combat film "Mission: Blacklist," and most recently, playing T.E. Lawrence in Werner Herzog's "Queen of the Desert."

[img]http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:826726?width=512&height=320[/img] [ video unavailable on this device ]

When Pattinson sat down with MTV News' Josh Horowitz during "MTV First," he opened up about his future projects.

"It came out of nowhere," Pattinson said about Herzog's "Queen of the Desert." While he's taking up the mantle from Peter O'Toole, don't expect any direct comparisons. "I met [Herzog] ages ago, and then it suddenly came out. It's different; it's a really different Lawrence. It's a cool... I didn't really know that much."

Pattinson was largely unfamiliar with the story and even cinematic history of the iconic figure. "I hadn't even seen 'Lawrence of Arabia' when I met him," he said. "But literally, it was like one of those meetings... literally meeting him is exactly what you want meeting him to be. Suddenly, he has these stories about sucking snake venom."

Another upcoming project, "Mission: Blacklist," would take Pattinson into Iraq, where director Jean-Stéphane Sauvaire is currently scouting locations. "The director's there now," Pattinson said. "And I want to do it there. But, yeah, obviously it's quite difficult to shoot there, but I think it's a fascinating country. And the director's been sending me pictures of just the original, the actual palaces where the U.S. army was based and they're beautiful. They're stunning. They look like Kubrick sets and they're all just empty, just sitting there."

For now, it seems that "The Rover" with Guy Pearce will be next for Pattinson, followed by "Mission: Blacklist."

[i]Which Pattinson project are you looking forward to the most? Let us know in the comments below and on [url="http://www.twitter.com/mtvmoviesblog"]Twitter[/url]![/i]

[url=http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/08/18/robert-pattinson-future-projects/]View the full article[/url]