Rick Ross Opens Up About Correctional Officer Gig In Rolling Stone

NelsonG

By James Montgomery

Rick Ross' recent feature in Bon Appetit magazine was pretty entertaining, but in his cover interview with Rolling Stone, the Miami rapper finally opens up about his past as a corrections officer.

Ross tells RS that he chose to work as an officer for the Florida Department of Corrections after his best friend was sentenced to 10 years in jail for trafficking cocaine and heroin, saying it was an opportunity to "wash my hands" of the entire incident ... and an attempt to get his life back on track.

"This was my best friend, who I ate peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches with, and pork and beans with, my buddy, my partner. Suddenly I'm talking to him over federal phone calls," Rozay said. "Hearing the way it was building, I knew I couldn't take nothing for granted. My homey's father was a huge influence on my life too ... he was the one who was like 'Yo, go get a job somewhere, man. Go be a fireman. Or go be a f---ing corrections officer. Just go sit down somewhere."

Ross also revealed that the seizures he suffered last year were probably the result of smoking too much marijuana, but admitted that he still continues to toke ("I'm most definitely an avid user ... it helps me chill out"). And, though he said he was disgusted by the recent theater shooting in Colorado, he supports the Second Amendment — or, as he put it, "whichever amendment that is" — and even owns several assault rifles.

And, in a lighter note, he continued his recent run of food-centric interviews, big upping Chick-fil-A despite the recent calls to boycott the chain over Chief Operating Officer Dan Cathy's opposition to same-sex marriage.

"Chick-fil-A obviously took their stand. That's their right ... the same way the pro-gay people are taking their stand. I believe everybody got the right to live their own life the way they want to," he said. "I love that spicy chicken."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/08/15/rick-ross-rolling-stone-corrections-officer-job/]View the full article[/url]