Trey Songz And R. Kelly Collaboration In The Making?

NelsonG

Is an R. Kelly and Trey Songz collaboration finally possible, now that the two singers have made amends?

R&B singers are ready to leave the feuding to rappers. R. Kelly recently had some advice for his peers, warning them to avoid beef on their quest for success, and the Pied Piper followed his own advice by letting go of his issues with Trey Songz. Kells admitted that he'd even be open to a collaboration, and that made quite an impression on the 27-year-old singer.

"I love R. Kelly. He recently said that he would love to work with me, said that he's a fan of mine and that's very special to me," Trey told MTV News. "I can't really explain how much that means to me. He's been an influencer and an idol for me for a long time. We had our differences and right now we're in a great place. No matter how well I do, [R. Kelly] is the king forever in my eyes."

The feud took root when Trey remixed R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet" single from the POV of the man hiding in the closet, and R. Kelly responded with part two of the song, which revealed that the man in the closet was gay.

After that, the two artists traded jabs at each other via interviews, with Trey infamously calling out R. Kelly for using Auto-Tune and lacking originality in his music. Now, thankfully, it's a thing of the past.

"I feel there's a lot of talented guys out there when it comes to R&B, and what I urge guys out there to do, that's coming up under me, [aiming for] longevity, is to stay away from beef," R. Kelly told MTV News, naming Trey Songz as one of his favorite artists. "Stay away from beef, stay true and respectful to music and to the ones that inspired you to do what you do. I think that's going to be the key to having longevity and it's also going to be the key to keeping R&B alive. You don't want R&B singers to get into beef. Leave that to the rappers, let them do that — R&B, be classy. That's for the ladies and having babies and having fun."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/08/15/trey-songz-r-kelly-collaboration-in-the-making/]View the full article[/url]