K. Michelle Told Domestic Violence Story On Love Hip Hop Atlanta To Help Women

NelsonG

By Sowmya Krishnamurthy with reporting by Nadeska Alexis

K. Michelle is speaking openly about her brush with domestic violence and the backlash she's faced. The "Love & Hip Hop Atlanta" star tells RapFix that she broke her silence about the abusive relationship with former Jive Records executive Memphitz, to help other women. "I came out to tell my story not to hurt that person," K says. She goes on to explain that she intentionally left her attacker's name anonymous and that she has no problem with Toya Wright, Memphitz's current wife and former wife of rapper Lil' Wayne. "I never said a name...I never had a problem with her."

The Atlanta-based singer has faced social media backlash from both Memphitz and Toya on the subject matter. Last week, Toya retweeted the statement, "My Lil Sis @ToyaWright & her hubby @memphitz are 2 of the SWEETEST ppl I hv ever met. Ppl need to stop with this foolery!#attentionseekers."

"The back and forth comes when you say I'm a hater or I'm lying, but you've never met me one time in your life. That's when you overstepped your boundaries." K. Michelle told RapFix, in response to Toya's statements.  "You can support your man...but you don't have to support him by bashing me."

Toya also shared her thoughts with Atlanta blog Talking With Tami in an interview where she called K "irrelevant." Toya went on to say, "The picture she’s painting of my husband, is not my husband… I’ve been knowing him for six years. I know several women that he has dated that never said anything about abuse.” K. fired back on Twitter to Toya (tweets which have since been deleted) and added, "Stop talkin sh-- about something u know nothing about."

In last night's episode of the reality show, K reached a breaking point when discussing the abuse. Fellow cast member Rasheeda, a friend of Memphitz and Toya's, accused K of lying which sent the singer into a tailspin.

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/08/14/love-hip-hop-atlanta-k-michelle-told-domestic-violence-story-to-help-women/]View the full article[/url]