Benzino Says Karlie Redd Love Is Real, Not Just Hip Hop

NelsonG

Benzino's storyline on "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" came as a surprise to fans this season, but his romance with singer Karlie Redd is very real.

Things came to a peak on a recent episode when Benzino offered Karlie Redd a key to his house, but she was hesitant to accept. He shed a few tears in the moment and during his visit to "RapFix Live" last week, the rapper and former The Source magazine co-owner filled in the details that were missing on screen.

"That was an emotional moment," he said, explaining what upset him. "At that time her management kept saying, 'leave this guy alone. He's no good.' And after The Source, there was a good five- or six-year window of me just really trying to change myself, so it kept coming up. I'm really not the crying type, but at the end of the day, I'm a human being and I got emotional in that moment and I leaked a little bit."

While Benzino wouldn't give away the details before the last few episodes, he did emphasize that his emotions for Karlie are genuine.

"That's a real relationship. What you've seen so far, it was real," he said. "Me and Karlie definitely have a chemistry. They think that I just let her move in the crib after a week but it had been a couple of months of us dating."

"The industry is the industry and rap is rap, but how you treat a woman that's different. I've been brought up to treat a woman with respect," he continued, adding, "there's nothing I wouldn't do for a woman because I believe a man should go all out for a woman that he's really feeling."

After years of surviving the game — he detailed dating a certain celebrity in Miami who "played soccer with my heart" — Benzino thinks he would be a good candidate for giving relationship advice. "I would like to do relationship books because I think I'm at the age now where I've been through it all," he said, possibly dropping a big hint about things to come on "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta."

"I've never been married, but you've gotta watch the show," he said, "because you never know."

[url=http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/08/13/love-hip-hop-benzino-karlie-redd-love-is-real/]View the full article[/url]